Hello new here

Options
I am 41. Over ten years ago I lost 80 lbs. I have slowly gained it all back. Went froma a standing/walking job to a sitting job over the last few years. I was recently diagnosed as a dietabetic, have had high blood pressure for 15 years and now its time to STOP! I'm getting fit one way or the other! I look forward to reading all the success stories. So far I have lost 5 lbs & I can't wait to see the first 20 gone! :)

Replies

• heidelbergerin
    heidelbergerin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you can do it!!! One day at a time, we will all get there :)
  • jalemap
    jalemap Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You go girl. Wecome. You'll do great and love it here. We've all been there - up and down and then up again. This time counts forever.
    :smile:
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You can do this! AND so can I! Good luck on your journey...one day at a time.
  • TxLdy3
    TxLdy3 Posts: 31
    Options
    YOU can do it!!
  • tonitack1
    Options
    Hi I am new here as well. I am your age and also lost a lot of weight...95...12 years ago. I gained 30-40 back give o take. I have been an avid Weight Watcher and love the accountability it offers but have decided to concentrate more on calories in/out than points. What concerns me though is the lack of community you find in the meetings. I hope I can find that here and fill those 2 voids Weight watchers offers. Good luck to us both
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you! :smile:
  • xSassy71x
    xSassy71x Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! the more I read on this site the more excited I get about getting healthy again! :D
  • aclark316
    Options
    you should be excited!!! i felt the same way!! this site has literally changed me. fitness and eating healthy has become a way of life for me. I know have found love in helping and motivating others as well! If you would like to add me as a friend please do!!! i would love to keep up with you on your journey. (plus it's nice to have people out there to motivate you and hold you accountible...and pick you back up if you slip off) Hope to hear from you soon!!!
  • deerslayer10
    Options
    I just got here today, I cannot believe all the positive posts. I live in tampa and am over 50 and overweight. It is nothing less than a gorgeous day out, not a cloud in the sky, 75 and low humididty. I have no motivation to get off the couch and do anything.