Christmas to Christmas (357 to 313)

Options
cubbies77
cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
Last year, when my brother sent me the Christmas pictures, I freaked out. I'd seen myself in the mirror a hundred times, but my weight gain never registered with me because it was so fast. I was in denial that I'd gotten that heavy. I weighed 357 pounds and kept picturing myself around 290, where I'd been for years.

I put the pictures in a folder on my laptop and never looked at them again.

I just pulled them out.

I compared them to this year's pictures, and the difference made me happy. Between last April and Christmas, I lost 44 pounds. I wasn't sure if it would be noticeable, so I'm pleased that it's VERY noticeable.

To all of you who weigh more than 300 pounds, trust me when I say losing 20, 30, or 40 pounds really will show a difference. I promise you.

Here are the comparison pictures:

xmasface_zpsdd338d3a.jpg

xmasfull_zpsa9665b76.jpg

Feel free to follow my blog: http://drawn-to-scale.blogspot.com/

Replies

• michellereneejenkins
    Options
    wow!! what a difference!! keep up the good work!
  • pigmartianpig
    Options
    You are doing great. When I get down on myslef it is always good to see someone elses progress. It reminds me of how rewarding the end of the journey is.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Definite difference indeed :)
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Great job..
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Great job! 40 pounds is definately a great acomplishment!
  • daniellebfit
    daniellebfit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing - it give me hope
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. When I get down on myslef it is always good to see someone elses progress. It reminds me of how rewarding the end of the journey is.

Same. I like to see some of the smaller changes in the Success Stories so I feel more encouraged. It's also nice to see stories from people who don't lose 8-10 pounds per month like others. I'm one of those obese people who *doesn't* lose 2-3 pounds per week. :grumble:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!