Hey everyone! im only 16

Options
:smooched: Hello i am a Junior in high school and i have been doing this for less that a week (or right at a week) and have lost 6 pounds already! im excited to loose more because this is a great way to keep in shape and stay healthy!!! i wish more kids would do this!

Replies

• GitterFitter
    GitterFitter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Super good on you! What did you do to lose 6 pounds already?
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! If only I had done this at 16. Just think of what you can accomplish as you get older! Keep it up!!
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great job! 6 lbs already! Make sure you're doing it the healthy way :)
    Maybe you could start a group in school working with other kids to be healthy!
  • softballrox2234
    Options
    Well ive lost 16 pounds because i have been eating right and it helps that i go on a jog every day! haah about 1 or 2 miles. and i like excersize because i play 3 sports and im young but im trying my best! And my mom is doing it with me so thats a big help to keep eating right! i feel bad for the kids that come from non supporting familys! but im at school now ... in tv pro! but thanks soo much for talking to me!
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome aboard!! This is a awesome website, and has alot of support! I started 3/18/10, and have lost 24lbs. I started the sameway you did, I lost 13lbs the first 2 weeks. Then it slowed down, and I am down to 1-2lbs per week, with a long way to go. Then comes along TOM (time of month)! Gained 3lbs back the first time, and refused to weigh in this time during it so i wouldn't be so disappointed. This Thursday will be my next weigh in, can't wait to see what I did in 2 weeks. I have been overweight, well, let's tell the truth, obese, ever since I was a kid. At 14, I weighed 200lbs, and have never been under there since then. My highest weight last year was 255lbs. I got down to 247lbs, and then started this. Last weigh in I was 224.0. I was 220lbs when I married my husband 14 years ago.....almost there! Keep up the good work, and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • softballrox2234
    Options
    Well Freshman year i also weighed 200 pounds but last year i lost 20! haha and just seemed to stay at 180-5 pounds but now i want to do more so i started this and i cant wait to keep up with it! now im at 175 and hope to go further! and i hate that how one week to you will loose 6 pounds then the next 2 or maybe even one pound but you just have to keep pushing yourself and have lots of support!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    What did you do to set up an account for yourself on here? My son wants to set up an account, but is only 15 and it says the minimum age is 18. So did you just put that you are 18?
  • bbgirl
    bbgirl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the good work.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Good for you!!!!! My daughter will be joining after finals are done and she will look for you!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! If only I had done this at 16. Just think of what you can accomplish as you get older! Keep it up!!
    Such true words!! sheesh wish I knew to eat healthier years ago. But hey we know now right? :drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    :smooched: Hello i am a Junior in high school and i have been doing this for less that a week (or right at a week) and have lost 6 pounds already! im excited to loose more because this is a great way to keep in shape and stay healthy!!! i wish more kids would do this!
    Welcome and congrats on the hard work, so glad your Mom is in the game with you.:happy: Keep the awesome work!:flowerforyou:

Becca:heart:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Well Freshman year i also weighed 200 pounds but last year i lost 20! haha and just seemed to stay at 180-5 pounds but now i want to do more so i started this and i cant wait to keep up with it! now im at 175 and hope to go further! and i hate that how one week to you will loose 6 pounds then the next 2 or maybe even one pound but you just have to keep pushing yourself and have lots of support!

Good job what are the sports that you do in school. It looks like softball is one of them. Just be as focused on your health as you are with your sports. Together you'll be a mighty fine athlete. Good luck
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Well I looked at your profile and see that you are a weight lifter. Good girl my daughter is also a weight lifter. Do you do Olympic style lifts, Clean and jerk and snatches? My daughter is training at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Spgs. She is training for the 2012 Olympics. She love,love,loves it. She has been to Columbia, S. Korea, Greece, She goes to Guatamala this month for PanAms, then to Turkey for Nationals, and I don't know where for Worlds. You can look her up her name is Sarah Robles. She is also a throwing coach. They are always looking for women lifters Good Luck
  • softballrox2234
    Options
    Yes:) I do softball volleyball and weightlifting!
  • softballrox2234
    Options
    I lied about my age. i think its stupid that you have to be 18 to do this!
  • softballrox2234
    Options
    Thats amazing! Well the judges judge us on clean and jerk and bench press but thats it. But we train by doing squats and free weights and stuff but tell her to keep it up! thats amazing!
  • softballrox2234
    Options
    Thank you!
  • softballrox2234
    Options
    I MEANT 6 POUNDS! HAHA
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I lied about my age. i think its stupid that you have to be 18 to do this!

That is what I told my son to do, but he doesn't want to because he says it will be all screwed up when he really is 18. I think he just doesn't want to do it.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hello! It's nice to know there are other teenagers on MFP. :) I'm here for you, girl! Keep going. Honestly, that 6 pounds is water weight. Once you get past the first 6-10 pounds (depending on your starting weight) you can start counting it as fat loss. Once I lost 9 pounds my first week, but didn't have the willpower to go for a second week, and gained it all back plus more. But I've lost 18 pounds so far, so I'm guessing that it really is weight starting to come off! GOOD LUCK!

PS: I'm 15 and I lied about my age. But I'm so overweight, an adult's regime is about right for me. However, my dad is a pediatrician (and an ER doc) and my mom's a pediatric nurse, so they helped me tweak MFP's suggested calories, fat, carbs, etc to fit my real age.

Edestiny7: Tell your son to try sparkteens.com. It's completely free calorie counter and exercise tracker (and it even includes complete meal plans!) and it's specifically made for teens, so there's no excuse for him not to try it. If he doesn't like the layout of sparkteens (I didn't like it), tell him to transfer the sparkteen's suggested diet to MFP. And once you hit 18-years-old, you can go to sparkpeople.com....Which is basically the same thing for adults.