any ides for supper with only 746 pts left for day?

Options
Being so new to this all, I am trying to keep on track. I didnt go out for lunch due to the inclement weather and so I just had a lean cuisine. Btwn that and my breakfast and my calorie allowance, I only have about 746 calories left for dinner. Any ideas? Plus I don't want to have to eat differently than my family but I also dont have time to come home and cook different meals. I need simple but most of all filling and delicious.

thanks for any advice.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    What are they having? Have that. Just maybe less of it. Or with only half the bread/starch portion. Or without the cheese.
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast with a tomato based spaghetti sauce, pasta and green salad. Just watch the portion on the pasta and this should easily fit under 700 calories.
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    If you are eating out, ( and I'm not sure where you are). You can always have mexican and do a fiesta salad with grilled chicken or shrimp. This is without the taco shell and beans and it is very filling. You can also have it with the sour cream, guacamole and salsa and it will still come in under that amount.
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    I'm not sure what your macros are but making turkey or chicken burgers is quick and easy. There are so many different toppings you can put on them and you can even serve them with a side of veggies. I normally put two burgers on one bun, sauteed onions and mushrooms, add a slice of fat free swiss and feta cheese. I also like reduced salt ketchup with hot sauce on it too!
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk and increase the number of calories you can consume.

Stick to one ingredient foods...such as a grilled chicken breast, green beans and a side salad. No sauces, no butters....

Another idea, vegetable soup with a side salad.
  • jazzyfeisty
    Options
    Something with a larger portion of sail broiled or grilled chicken and a lesser portion of starch.CHicken is high protein low carb, low cal. I like to do homemade stirfry. chicken (or beef) with green and red peppers, broccoli spears, and sometimes muchrooms. A little drizzle of terriaki sauce, no rice!!! we eat just the veggies and meat. The last time I had it is was logged as between 300 and 400 cals depending on the sauce and other veggies.

Generic - Teriaki Sauce, 2.5 tbsp- 113 cals
    Homemade - Chicken and Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry, 1.5 cup- 326 cals
    Total: 439
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My (4 oz) chicken, (1 cup) brown rice & (1/2 cup) corn dinner is 420 calories.
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com. She has great recipes, healthy and delicious.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    You can look at my diary, lunch is pot roast and salad and 736 cals.
  • buudharich
    Options
    Pork chop, cup of mushrooms, cup of carrots. 1 Tbsp of minced garlic, 1 Tbsp minced ginger. 2 Tbsp light soy sauce.

Well under 700.
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything and be under 700 calories, just don't eat as much of the bad stuff and load up on the good! Skip the butter, white bread, add the protein and veggies!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you have to work with, but last night I had pan seared salmon with roasted brussel sprouts and cauliflower and a glass of wine and it was under 700 calories.
  • amybluehat
    amybluehat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Check out the Eating Well website, they have tons of meals under 700 Calories. 90% of my dinners are way under that and I use this site/magazine a lot!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering what in the heck you're eating for 750 calories....my meals all run around 350 calories and at the high end maybe 425 and I'm FULL.

However, I eat a lot of veggies and they take up a lot of space, but if you eat a lot of processed foods, they take up very little space and cost lots of calories.

The more "whole" your food, the fewer the calories but the "fuller" and more sated you feel. Have a nice salad with greens (not water...aka iceberg lettuce), spinach or romaine, tomato, red, orange or yellow bell pepper, cucumber, avocado. You can add some sliced grilled chicken breast and some whole grain toast on the side or even brown (whole grain) rice or pasta on the side. And unless you go really overboard on the rice or pasta; its not going to cost you more than 400ish calories
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Eating dinner with my family is important, but I just can't eat what they eat. (I've got a sweet husband and 5 growing boys, and 3 are on a swim team, and when they come home from practice, they are HuNgRy! All of my boys are thin, and adding insult to injury, 2 are under pediatrician's orders to "gain weight." So not fair!) Usually I try to do small portions of the "good stuff" and then fill my plate with lots of veggies. If I have made something really good (that means "with lots of cheese" in our house), I try to separate a serving of the main protein when I'm preparing dinner and set it aside. Then I can eat with them, and have a plate that didn't require extra prep time. Another calorie saver - my family loves spaghetti, but that much pasta puts me way over my limit! I always cook a spaghetti squash when we have spaghetti, and layer sauce over it. So good! Good luck!
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    500 calories and the whole family will enjoy... Beef fajitas!
    4 ounces top sirloin per person
    black pepper
    cumin 1/2 tsp per person
    1/4 onion sliced thinly per person
    1/4 green bell pepper per person
    1/4 red bell pepper per person
    1 clove of garlic per person
    juice of 1/2 lime per person
    1/2 Tbsp cilantro per person
    Marinade the beef with pepper, cumin, garlic and half the lime juice.
    Heat a heavy skillet... Start to brown the meat add the onions and peppers. When veggies are softened and meat is browned add the lime juice once the meat and veggies are colored remove from heat and then add the cilantro and toss together.
    Serve with La Tortilla Factory low carb tortillas, avocado, salsa, and nonfat greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Two fajitas are about 500 calories with all the toppings and tortillas and more than enough food for most appetites.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'd then do a smoothie for dessert of vanilla almond milk, mango, peach, and banana for just under 200 calories.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    746 calories?! That's a dang feast! A 4 course meal! You are almost unlimited if you eat healthy food!