NSV AT WORK TODAY

Options
Shook765
Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
Hello: I am pretty new to the MFP world and I'm loving it! So, just a little success for me today: We had a luncheon at work (we have one every month) and it's a themed lunch and everyone brings something. Today was PJ day and breakfast foods for lunch. I made sausage gravy & biscuits (which I didn't even have 1 bite of). There were so many yummy looking foods like, bagels, stuff to make breakfast burritos, banana bread, donuts, cheesy potatoes, coffee cake, cupcakes, etc. etc. Someone brought a huge bowl of fresh berries and I was so thankful. I had 2 cups of berries and maybe 1/2 c up of eggs that had some cheese, tomatoes and fresh basil in it and I was satisfied. I didn't feel deprived and was so happy with myself for not feeling "bad" because I couldn't eat the other food. I could've and counted it in my calories, but I chose not to and it was a great feeling!

Also, just now a co-worker said to me, I don't know what you're doing, but I can tell you have lost weight and I need the secret. That made me feel fantastic. After 16 lbs someone has noticed a change.

Just a little success story, but it was a good one for me so far!

Hope you are all having a great day! Thanks to MFP users for all the things I have read on here that's really helped me stay on track. You guys ROCK!

Replies

• jenniferrow
    Options
    That's great! Nice willpower. You get to set a good example for the rest of your coworkers. :)
  • blinker86
    blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That's great! I had a similar experience at work on Monday with the presence ice cream and loads of fattening toppings, but I treated myself to a small serving of ice cream with fresh fruit and didn't feel deprived at all. It's a good feeling to have that control! Way to go!
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! It does feel awesome! I'm loving this new me. I have a long way to go, but I think ... no I KNOW, it will be great this time! :)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Great job :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!