Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
I heard today that this goes right to your belly to burn fat, recommended to take 2 TBS per day. Anyone tried it?:bigsmile:

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that sounds reasonable! Not!
  • Lammerchops
    Lammerchops Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ehhhhh, I don't know much about it's miraculous ability to vaporize someone's gut, but it does contain a fiber compound that expands in the stomach when mixed with water, which is why some ppl shoot 1-2 TBSP before a meal in order to eat less.

It can also help with water retention aka water weight.

It also moves fats quickly through the stomach. The less time it's there, the less it can be absorbed by your body. Maybe that's where the belly fat thing came up?

Have you tried it? I bought the brand everyone talks about and shot some. And almost puked, but instead settled for gagging repeatedly. Gross.

In any case, I'm not under the impression a daily shot of ACV would create totally dramatic results, or everyone would be doing it and we'd all be skinny!!
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I fell for the, "Braggs will fix your acid reflux" effed up hoax! I read a ton of articles saying it was ludicrous, but I tried it anyways, to my excrutiating pain. Eff that ish!!!
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i have been doing this for a long time. i believe it does help me. i go back and forth with apple cider and have used distilled vinegar. i dont know if it helps lose weight. but after i started i did notice it helped with stomach issues and heart burn. im a firm believer. but many will probably disagree. im am VERY strange and can handle the taste of it. i will actually cut up cucumbers and put them in vinegar and dill. and if it helps my case any, gypsies actually follow this to aid in weightloss.
  • alijaxfp
    alijaxfp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My grandparents swear by some concotion they make with lots of fruit juices and vinegar added...they call it jogging juice, and drink it daily! They say it relieves all sorts of aches and pains. I know vinegar does wonders with cleaning around the house :-)

PS..they're both super skinny :wink:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, its good, i have been taking it for awhile now.
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    yes, I drink it daily. I use about 4 oz of warm water to dilute and add stevia and cinnamon to make it palitable. Recommended by my naturopath!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    no.
  • victoria090
    victoria090 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    hmm I dont think it would work as well as cardio ;) if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is!
  • Bobhunter624
    Options
    If I feel snackish then I take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a pint glass of iced water and it seems to grab the snacking urge from me. Enjoy the journey, I know I'm enjoying mine...
  • oMandaBo
    Options
    I'm a vinegar junkie - love other kinds of vinegar on salads, cucumbers, etc. Sometimes crave it on it's own, occasionally shoot some if my stomach's a bit upset, or I feel bloated, seems to help. But I can't handle apple cider vinegar - it smells and tastes like peroxide - blah.
  • dispatcher939
    dispatcher939 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I take it every morning because I have digestive problems. It seems to help cause I can tell when I miss a day. I usually mix it with grape juice.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    One of the girls I work with swears by it. I couldn't handle the flavor, it upset my stomach.
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I don't know that it burns belly fat, but I do drink it from time to time in a glass of hot water with honey added to offset the bitterness of the Braggs. It seems to help me when I feel a cold coming on as well.
  • lcostigan
    lcostigan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ACV works great for tenderizing pork... Mix in some OJ and maybe some garlic. YUM!!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Can't do it - two words.

Turbatrix aceti.*

VC145608l.jpg

*Before anyone calls me an alarmist, I know generally speaking they're not present in all ACV, but it doesn't stop me from imagining them, and ew. Gross.