Introducing...Me

bkschoen
bkschoen Posts: 3
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
:smile:

Hello! I just found this website and I really need to do something about my weight and health. I am a 30 year old stay at home mom from Indiana. I have nearly 80 lbs to lose. The depressing part is that 7 years ago after my first daughter was born I worked hard to lose 100 lbs. Then 2 years ago when I got pregnant with my son I regained almost all of it. it's hard to think of having to lose 80+ lbs AGAIN so I'm just focusing on small goals and one day at a time.

I'm not doing a particular "plan" - just going to count calories and exercise. My mom bought me the Firm dvd's for a Christmas gift and I really enjoy them but I have to actually keep DOING them. So, my main goals are just to track my food and do my workouts.

I do have a question though --- I am on dial up and it's not realistic for me to go online after/before each meal -- how do you guys do it? Do you keep a little note of what you ate and log it later? Do you log ahead of time and plan your day? Or do you just log as you go?

Thanks. I desperately want some support and to make some friends to support also!

Replies

• :smile:

Hello! I just found this website and I really need to do something about my weight and health. I am a 30 year old stay at home mom from Indiana. I have nearly 80 lbs to lose. The depressing part is that 7 years ago after my first daughter was born I worked hard to lose 100 lbs. Then 2 years ago when I got pregnant with my son I regained almost all of it. it's hard to think of having to lose 80+ lbs AGAIN so I'm just focusing on small goals and one day at a time.

I'm not doing a particular "plan" - just going to count calories and exercise. My mom bought me the Firm dvd's for a Christmas gift and I really enjoy them but I have to actually keep DOING them. So, my main goals are just to track my food and do my workouts.

I do have a question though --- I am on dial up and it's not realistic for me to go online after/before each meal -- how do you guys do it? Do you keep a little note of what you ate and log it later? Do you log ahead of time and plan your day? Or do you just log as you go?

Thanks. I desperately want some support and to make some friends to support also!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Hi, and welcome.

I usually log in my entire day's food either in the morning or the night before. This helps me to avoid "surprises" when I log my calories. I don't always stick to it, but it helps to avoid impulse eating for me. Also, I figure in my exercise then (I'm an evening worker-outer) and then I'm committed.

Hope that helps.:flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi, used to be on dial up and I would just keep track on a piece of paper and go on once a day. After you have entered a good many things it won't take so long to do because you just put a checkmark in the box next to the food you eat. It was :grumble: frustrating at first to have to look up everything but it did get easier:smile: . Then my daughter needed hi speed internet to do her grad work so now it's even speedier. I'm glad you found the site I have been here 3 months and it has worked wonders for me. But then again I'm not trying to bring up a family now they are all grown up. Good luck, and making small goals work really well. You can do it, and we'll be here to talk to on the hard days. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: ~Karen
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi Vivia how's it going today?
  • tinab
    tinab Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm new here too. I want to lose 35 pounds, but have to lose 20. I had eighty to lose originally and lost what I've lost due to the stress of a divorce last year. Not the healthy way, I know, but I've managed to keep it off.

I don't have dial up, so I log after every meal. If I were you, I'd buy a little notebook and keep track throughout the day. I use this site to discipline myself right now -- in the early days -- so maybe the notebook can do that for you during the day.

I need a good video to work out to! I'm going shopping for that and a scale later. I've been afraid of scales for years!

Good luck!
  • Hi and welcome between all of us :flowerforyou: !

As you said, set a small goal it's perfect! you can check the Christmas challange! my goal is to be 148 or 145 oups I forgot till Christmas! and I was 152 when I started! I check every night what I ate! I don't do it every time I eat something! I'll try to remember what I ate... it's not too hard... since I'm planning my meals ahead. but sometimes the planning doesn't go as you want so I'll add them!

go thrue the posts of community you'll find good motivation.

:drinker: good luck
  • Wow - what a great group of people :happy: I am so excited -- more then I have been in a long time - to start taking better care of myself. It's amazing how I work so hard to be a good mother, wife and I even spend tiime everyday cleaning my house but yet I let myself go. I'm ready to take care of me too.

Thanks so much - I'll probably try to "plan" my day ahead but then keep a notebook handy in case things don't go as planned (as happens) and then I can come on and add or subtract as needed. That's my plan. I'd love to ditch the dial up and just have it online and ready to go... someday.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    HI and welcome aboard!
    Do not have a CLUE how the two dup e-mails got in here. :angry: :grumble: :angry: :mad:
    You are going to enjoy being here. :flowerforyou:
    We are all here to help.
    --Diann...
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Hey Brenda - I just saw a commercial recently for AT&T. I believe they were advertising their dsl internet for $15 a month, and you do not have to have phone service. I don't think it's a special, they said it's the new price from now on. :)
  • Hello and Welcome :) I am totally new to this site. I was going to just make a chart on my puter to list the foods I eat and the exercise I do, but this is even easier! I get online a few times per day. Wow, just seeing that my little breakfast was over 400 calories got my attention! Good for you, getting fit, Girlfriend! I suggest you just celebrate how you are being a wise and healthy mom by eating right and exercising. You're doing what is right and good and sensible. This positive focus is what you want for life. Keep your thoughts off of the 100lbs that way. Sound good?
This discussion has been closed.