home gym users?? HELP!

Options
so does the brand of elliptical i buy, or the amount of money i spend on one seriously matter? im not picky, dont they all give you a good workout regardless?? i really dont feel like spending a grand on a machine, especially if i have to move in 1-2 years lol please and thanks!!

Replies

• maa59115
    maa59115 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would look at reviews online and see which ones have the best ratings. You could looked at used ones as well. Some people buy em and never use em.
  • tigerlion2013
    tigerlion2013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My wife is selling her NordicTrack elliptical machine that we paid $800 for. She did't like it after buying it because she felt that the paddles were too stiff. For her, it became more of a resistance training session than a cardio workout.

I use it once in a while and I feel fine on it.

Anyway, I do think the model matters, Go to a sporting goods store and try one out.

You can find deals on Craigslist.
  • emilydumarce
    emilydumarce Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i would buy a used one if i lived closer to a store that carried it ): or if someone was selling one on craigslist lol
  • tigerlion2013
    tigerlion2013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in NY so mine is of little use to you. LOL. Plus, I just sold my anyway.

Sears has good deals on sporting goods equipment. That's where I originally bought mine from.