good pasta and protein powder

Options
nwachim
nwachim Posts: 111 Member
please can anyone advise me on a good whole wheat or preferrably any other type of whole grain spaghetti to buy,the ones i ve been using in the past usually turns out very messy especially if i let it stay overnight and i dont like the feel in my mouth.i will also be buying protein powder for the first time ,can anyone please suggest a good one to buy,thanks in advance

Replies

• maa59115
    maa59115 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition makes good protein powder and they have the best flavors IMO.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

^Agreed. Particularly double rich chocolate or the mocha cappuccino

As far as the pasta goes, I usually get Dreamfield's. It has a high fiber content so the net carbs are a little less than regular. You can find some of the types (spaghetti, rotini, etc) at Walmart. I'm also a big fan of spaghetti squash =)
  • nwachim
    Options
    thanks
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    optimum, and i buy whatever whole grain pasta the store has
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I love the banana cream.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I make my own pasta (when I am not being a lazy working woman LOL) and I have found using half wholemeal flour and half white flour, eggs, and a drizzle of olive oil works best. It seems to give a good texture that holds up well.
  • nwachim
    Options
    I make my own pasta (when I am not being a lazy working woman LOL) and I have found using half wholemeal flour and half white flour, eggs, and a drizzle of olive oil works best. It seems to give a good texture that holds up well.

thanks for this
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options

^Agreed. Particularly double rich chocolate or the mocha cappuccino

As far as the pasta goes, I usually get Dreamfield's. It has a high fiber content so the net carbs are a little less than regular. You can find some of the types (spaghetti, rotini, etc) at Walmart. I'm also a big fan of spaghetti squash =)
    Extreme Milk chocolate is great!
  • cpudoc64
    cpudoc64 Posts: 135
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition also. One reason being is Consumer Reports did a story on protein powders and their safety. They found that ON protein powders were the safest; few heavy metals, bad stuff, etc. Just Google "optimum nutrition consumer reports" They are the only ones around here too that are available just about everywhere.