SO hungry!!!!

Options
does anyone have any tips on things you can eat that satisfy you? Im SO hungry tonight.... The first two days were fine...yesterday and today Im strugglilng.....

Replies

• msbubbles
    msbubbles Posts: 2
    Options
    I have heard chewing on sugar free gum or carrot sticks or celery sticks is a great way to curb your appetite or drink some water. I hope this has helped you hun.
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    apples--cut it up into slivers and pour a little lemon/lime juice on it and eat it slowly. A cup of coffee also usually helps.
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    Foods higher in protein and fiber will keep you feeling fuller longer. Try to keep the fiber as natural as possible, meaning from veggies and whatnot rather than added fiber.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    get some more protein into your diet and try eating some fiber with every meal too. Both of these will help you feel full and are essential to your health as well... WIN WIN! I usually eat some Smart Bran Psyllium fiber buds at breakfast (ill eat em straight, mix them with another cereal, blend them into a protein shake, etc etc). Protein can be found in many foods. Lean meats in perticular, egg whites (but you should eat the whole egg because the yolk contains all the amino acids necessary to absorb the protein found in the whites), milk.... get creative, but these should help!
  • kat1976
    kat1976 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks guys! Great suggestions! Im munching some chickpeas...im still over my calorie intake for today, but will do better tomorrow by learning from today!!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    does anyone have any tips on things you can eat that satisfy you? Im SO hungry tonight.... The first two days were fine...yesterday and today Im strugglilng.....
    Unroasted almonds and lots of water curb my appitite. About 20 to 25 almonds and I'll eat about 4 or 5 at a time and drink water and wait. Its the only thing that can carry me through a work day without starving half to death. lol I've got the munchies too today. lol
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    try celery stuffed with peanut butter..sliced chicken rolled in a lettuce leaf, lots of water
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    a bowl of ceral
  • Franksgreengirl
    Options
    Last night on the Joy Behar show there was a doctor or nutritionist (I forget which she was the only other woman there) said that drinking water with lemon juice will help keep you feeling fuller in between meals/snacks and also help you to eat less while being a natural detox for your liver.

I've been doing this for a few weeks now it helps me.
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    LOTS of water!

I know its a pretty generic answer but if i didn drink as much as I do I would have broken my diet several times by now.
  • s_biddo
    s_biddo Posts: 8
    Options
    cereal or even weight watchers puddings or yogurts.
    I try and leave enough calories so I can treat myself of a night when the kids of gone to bed I will enjoy a weight watchers choc pud or even fruit with low fat yogurt poured on them.:smile:
  • skatjon
    skatjon Posts: 29
    Options
    lots of water, 12 oz with every meal. Try to eat 5 to 6 times a day... about ever 3 hours. If yo eat before you feel hungeryou will eat less and with the water you will stay full. Cottage cheese is a good late night snack it you're feeling hungry.
  • melville88
    melville88 Posts: 137
    Options
    A big banana and a hot drink: hot drinks are especially good for late night munchies because it gives you temporary fullness before bed- avoid caffeine though if you do this- try a low calorie hot chocolate. x
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    LOTS of water!

I know its a pretty generic answer but if i didn drink as much as I do I would have broken my diet several times by now.
    This is actually a good answer, because if you're not drinking enough water, then what you think to be hunger pains are actually your body trying to tell you it's thirsty! Drink at least half your body weight in ounces a day to help make sure that if you feel hungry it's because you are hungry and not thirsty.
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    A large banana should fill you up. Or a mango, if you're craving something sweet. They're both around 100 calories each and very filling...
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    oatmeal!!!
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bananas and mangos never work for me. They are both gone way too fast, and I guess the sweetness just leaves me wanting sugar. Cereal also never works for me. If I have the munchies and start reaching for carbs, I probably won't stop. It has to be something natural with either protein or fiber.