Insanity questions

Options
Have any of you completed insanity???

Are any of you currently doing insanity???

I'm on week 4 and I'm feel defeated the inches are coming off but the scale isn't budging. Can any of you take me step by step through ur journey??

Please add me here kbermeo07

Also was wondering if any of you have a private fb group for insanity or weightless support if so please let me know :)

Replies

• maa59115
    maa59115 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If it looks like you are losing weight then you probably are. Don't use the scale as a judge. I know Insanity is a lot of cardio and body-weight exercises, it could be that you're losing fat and gaining some muscle mass. The scale will go down eventually, just keep at it!
  • amayaasn
    amayaasn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am in a great group on facebook. Weightloss, but most of us are doing beachbody workouts. I am starting my core cardio and balance week tomorrow. I havent measured since beginning of january but at that point I had lost 9 inches and almost 10 pounds. I started out pretty overweight for my height. I had a baby in August. Now I am down almost 16 pounds. Are you eating according to the elite nutrition plan? def when you start a new program or are starting exercise in general you will gain muscle and lose fat. Dont pay attention to weight ever really!! I had a great picture I could send you that shows this. It was posted in my group. feel free to add me on here. Also if you want to send me a message I can give you my facebook info if you are interested in joining the group im in.
  • kbermeo07
    Options
    If it looks like you are losing weight then you probably are. Don't use the scale as a judge. I know Insanity is a lot of cardio and body-weight exercises, it could be that you're losing fat and gaining some muscle mass. The scale will go down eventually, just keep at it!

Thank you So much you I know ur right I just new to get out of this funk and I am goig to try hard not to weigh myself until I'm finished
  • kbermeo07
    Options
    I am in a great group on facebook. Weightloss, but most of us are doing beachbody workouts. I am starting my core cardio and balance week tomorrow. I havent measured since beginning of january but at that point I had lost 9 inches and almost 10 pounds. I started out pretty overweight for my height. I had a baby in August. Now I am down almost 16 pounds. Are you eating according to the elite nutrition plan? def when you start a new program or are starting exercise in general you will gain muscle and lose fat. Dont pay attention to weight ever really!! I had a great picture I could send you that shows this. It was posted in my group. feel free to add me on here. Also if you want to send me a message I can give you my facebook info if you are interested in joining the group im in.

That is so fantastic !!!! Yes please share the photo with me I need some much needed motivation!!!
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! I'm just starting week 4, I've lost nothing major pounds-wise (3 pds) but the inches are coming off. My body is slowly changing, toning up a bit. I think this is the norm, since I had already lost 25 pounds of the 40ish i wanted to lose prior to starting Insanity. I weigh myself alot too, and it comes of slowly but hey, as long as you're not gaining. Alot of people say they don't notice a huge difference til after the recovery week! Hope this helps!
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity 2 times so far. The first time I gained 2lbs ine the first 3-4 weeks before I started losing weight. But, and a big one, I lost inches. After recovery week I dropped about 14lbs in the next 4 weeks by the time I was finished. I lost 5 inches about 4" from my waist.
    Stay incouraged and stay the course, you will not be sorry with the results you get. The scale isn't the main thing to key on, I suggest you take many photos and look at your results in the mirror. Weight will become less important to you. If you want to join a FB support group just message me and I can give you info. Any help I can be.
    Don't forget your diet is as important as your workouts. You can't allow yourself to under eat trying to lose weight.
  • amayaasn
    amayaasn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I dont think I can share the pic on here, oh wait ill upload the picture to my profile. check out my pics in a few minutes!! It'll be the one with three dif pictures of a girl and her weights at the time of the picture. Her body looks way better in pic 3 (on right) her weight however is 14 pounds heavier.

That is so fantastic !!!! Yes please share the photo with me I need some much needed motivation!!!
  • kbermeo07
    Options
    Keep it up! I'm just starting week 4, I've lost nothing major pounds-wise (3 pds) but the inches are coming off. My body is slowly changing, toning up a bit. I think this is the norm, since I had already lost 25 pounds of the 40ish i wanted to lose prior to starting Insanity. I weigh myself alot too, and it comes of slowly but hey, as long as you're not gaining. Alot of people say they don't notice a huge difference til after the recovery week! Hope this helps!

You acctually helped me Tremendously!!! Thank you for sharing now I don't feel so horrible
  • melacaron
    melacaron Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am on the recovery week right now and same I haven't really lost weight on the scale but I have lost inches I can totally see it in my clothes. I have happy with the results so far and looking forward month 2 although people say it is a lot harder. Feel free to add me :)
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I Loved insanity for the cardio all though I fell like I lose more on the scale when I lift weights. I also felt very hungry in month two with all that cardio. I only like like 5 pounds but it was over thanksgiving and xmas so I wasn't eating very healthy. lol Feel free to look on my page I have a before and after(well almost after) collage and the last two out of the 4 photos show my loss from insanity.

insanity is really great for those looking for cardio and stamina improvement. I went from being the chick with asthma who HATED running and wasn't very good at it at all. Half a mile and I needed a walk....Now I run a few times a week and a half hr jog doesn't even phase me! No inhaler for months either!!!