hair color that makea you appear thinner?

Options
Hello, I wasn't sure where to.post this.

But, I'm looking at cutting and coloring my hair tomorrow.

Does anybody know.of.any Colorado that make you appear thinner??

My hair color now is a disaster, I've neglected it. It's pretty.Mich every color thrown in haphazardly.

Any opinions would.be great, thank you!!!

Replies

• cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If your hair is that bad, go to a really good salon and ask who is the highest paid in the colorest department. They are normally the ones with the most experience and let them do what they think is best. I always just let me girl do what she thinks. Its hair and will grow back and you can always change the color but you need to fix it first and then worry about the rest.

Good Luck,

hair is the one bill I never skimp on.
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that losing weight makes you appear thinner.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I also had a hair color disaster by dying my hair bright red. I have been going to a good hair dresser to correct it and get it back to my lighter natural and low maintenance color (I am having the owner of the salon manage my hair). It's worth the money for now.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Choose a hair color that compliments your features and skin tone.

Hair color won't make you look skinnier, but the right color can make you look healthier.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It's probably going to be more flattering overall if you don't think about what cut & color will make you look THINNER, but rather what cut & color will look the best with your individual face shape and complexion.

Look at pictures of celebrities that people say you resemble and consider whether their hair would work on you (I think InStyle.com has an app that lets you "try on" hairstyles). Look up haircuts that are flattering for your face shape. And ask a professional, they usually know what they're doing.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever heard anyone ask, "Does this hair color make me look fat?"

Hair color, cut, and style should match your overall look, personality, and lifestyle. I wouldn't worry about a color making you look skinnier. Worry about it making you look more YOU.
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Long hair makes you look thinner-- I don't know about a color though...
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    hmm...
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You can try stripping your hair with slow but steady approach. Using sunlight or dandruff shampoo with vitamin c tablets blended in (colorless tablets are the best) or you can get color oops (2-3 treatments usually gets most color even the natural color out but is extremely drying for you hair) When you have gotten to the orange or yellow stage that is a good time to add a stable base color. I suggest using a professional grade dye that can be found at Sally's (without having to be a professional you can buy the dyes there)

OR

Like mentioned above you can go to a professional and have them over weeks of time and will probably be costly but the BEST solution they will be able to get you to a color that will look natural but enhance your features and give you a lovely glow.

I have gone both ways and now only do my own hair when it comes to dying and I can teach you how to not kill your hair going from overcolored black to platinum blonde in less than 6 weeks at home. If you go to a salon and you want the best results then use a master stylist, it costs more but you will 99% of the time be absolutely pleased with the results. Doing it at home takes a whole lot of practice and learning how to color over already color treated hair and how to correct color mistakes. So since you sound a lot less experienced in correction and coloring I would say go to a salon before doing anything on your own :)

Good luck!
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Long straight hair makes you appear thinner... curly will fill out your face more.... Color.... anything thats lighter on top and dark underneath will shadow and give an illusion that your neck and chin are thinner....

Also wearing your hair up, fully back makes your face thinner.

We use these tricks when photographing.... and when i use to do promotional modeling these were awesome tricks we used
  • r5wr
    r5wr Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    For one I am lossing weight, but the hair would be a nice touch.

Thank you all for your answers.

Also I'm very experienced with dying my hair at home. Been doing it for 9 years. The past few months is the foray time I've seen my natural hair color in as many years. However. My Colorado used to be unnatural, pink, blue, green, est. My job now doesn't allow that, hence why I have my roots in so far and neglected it, I have no.idea what to do.for a natural.color
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    No suggestion as to color but I do suggest a semi-permanent color. It does fade but it looks better than having a line where the color is and your hair growing out....that's what happens with permanent hair color. Good luck!
  • MrsAnderson_GettingHealthy
    Options
    I agree with asking a proffessional what they think would be most flattering for your face shape and what color best suits your skin tone! Good luck!
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have had my hair every color of the rainbow.... 9 years bleach blond... sometimes with color blocks of blue, pink, whatever i felt like LOL. now trying black and liking it... go online and see what goes good with your eye color, skin tone.... I wore mine a dark blonde with bright blonde highlights and dark red underneath...It was seriously my FAVE...it kept it punky looking (my style) but was still suitable for the workplace. Good luck!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Choose a hair color that compliments your features and skin tone.

Hair color won't make you look skinnier, but the right color can make you look healthier.

I would agree with this and say that wearing a color that you love makes you more confident, which makes you look and feel more attractive.
  • r5wr
    r5wr Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    For one I am lossing weight, but the hair would be a nice touch.

Thank you all for your answers.

Also I'm very experienced with dying my hair at home. Been doing it for 9 years. The past few months is the foray time I've seen my natural hair color in as many years. However. My Colorado used to be unnatural, pink, blue, green, est. My job now doesn't allow that, hence why I have my roots in so far and neglected it, I have no.idea what to do.for a natural.color

Sounds like a good time to go to a hair dresser and ask. You could just go back to your natural color. You could use a semi-permanent color, you could stay your natural color, but get some highlights and low lights (that would also cover gray if you have some). You could go just a shade or two lighter than your natural color, or one shade darker. Hairdressers can look at your roots, your hair dye, your skin tone and give good advice on what would work for you and be manageable (in terms of the roots growing back in). I go to an Aveda salon that uses Aveda hair color (not just sells the products, but a full on Aveda salon).