6 Week Six-Pack Calories Burned

Options
Hi there--does anyone know how I can calculate how many calories/carbs burned doing the Jillian Michaels 6 Wk 6-Pk on Level 1? I ca't find this information anywhere and the gals at the website for Jillian M say I can find out if I join their club...

Replies

• inkedlala
    inkedlala Posts: 20
    Options
    I record it like I do the shred, as circuit training, especially if your using the weights with moves.
    Good luck!
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and 6 Week Six Pack daily!
  • Mekob25
    Mekob25 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I record it like I do the shred, as circuit training, especially if your using the weights with moves.
    Good luck!

So what is "Circuit training"? I've been wondering...
  • inkedlala
    inkedlala Posts: 20
    Options
    Circuit training is a form of conditioning combining resistance training and high-intensity aerobics. It is designed to be easy to follow and target strength building as well as muscular endurance. An exercise "circuit" is one completion of all prescribed exercises in the program. When one circuit is complete, one begins the first exercise again for another circuit. Traditionally, the time between exercises in circuit training is short, often with rapid movement to the next exercise.
  • Koalaboo
    Koalaboo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

So what is "Circuit training"? I've been wondering...

I'm SORT OF certain that it's a mixture of nonstop cardio, weight training, and possibly other calisthenics focusing on your core/abs in intervals.
  • Mekob25
    Mekob25 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you :happy:
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/274969-am-i-logging-to-right-exercise-or-am-i-over-under-estimatin

So is this kinda like circuit training? I worry that if I log it as that I'm overestimating the burn.

Also, I'm curious as to this shred thing that I keep hearing about. How long is the workout and what does it do? A bit of everything?
  • JulesZilla
    Options
    I dont have the Shred so how do I calculate? Any help is wonderful!
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I log my Shred under circuit training. It seems plausible to me, because I get 210 at 135 pounds, while my friend who's 20 lbs heavier got 235 from a heart rate monitor. But she gets 408 calories for one round of Six Week Six Pack, so I'm not sure what I think about that one...
  • rodesa
    rodesa Posts: 3
    Options
    I found at buddyslim.com a calories burned counter that can give you the amount according to your data
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM, and it tells me I burn 323 cals during Level 1. I am 5'8" and 148 lbs and in decent cardio shape.

I love this DVD!
  • courmoore
    courmoore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to find a way to log in my calories burned- I'm also a fitness professional and teach kinesiology at the local juco. I've been thinking about an HRM etc but sometimes they r pricey
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to join my 6w6p group is more than welcome:smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/11603-6-week-6-pack-who-is-with-me-
  • KaltieEm
    KaltieEm Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Also, I'm curious as to this shred thing that I keep hearing about. How long is the workout and what does it do? A bit of everything?

30 Day Shred is a 30 day program with 3 levels of difficulty (you do each level for about 10 days). Each workout lasts about 30 min and consists of warm-up followed by 3 circuits of training (each circuit is 3 min of strength, 2 min of intense cardio, 1 min of abs), then cooldown. I really liked it. It's a little tough at the beginning if you're not in great fitness shape but it's much more efficient than running or elliptical. It gives you nice tone :)
  • grlgiraffe
    Options
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/gear/dvds/best-workout-dvds-2011/?page=5
    This says it burns 267 calories per 34 minute workout.
  • ChokingDrama
    Options
    I just did my first time, level 1, and I burned 265 calories. I wear a heart rate monitor by Polar.
  • Katienic0le248
    Katienic0le248 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    6 Week Six Pack burns about 281 calories using a 5lb weight :)
    http://www.workingouteatingin.com