little milestone

Options
ron2282
ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
I’ve been walking 2 miles almost ever day and little by little I’ve been adding jogging to my walk. I’m still not able to jog the whole 2 miles, but today I was able to jog for a full mile without stopping! That may not be a big deal for a lot of people, but that’s huge for me considering that a few months ago I couldn’t walk up the stars without getting short of breath. If someone had told me 4 months ago that I would be doing this, I would have told them they were crazy. My idea of a workout was carrying the laundry basket upstairs. The best part is I actually enjoy it!!!

Replies

• justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    That's terrific and a HUGE milestone!!! I can't wait until I can jog a full mile without walking. I am still only at around a half mile. :grumble: I will get there someday though. Congrats on your achievement! :drinker:
  • fonrouge82
    fonrouge82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is absolutely an accomplishment! Good for you!:flowerforyou:
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    That's awesome! Can't wait until I can do the same!!

Kudos & keep it up!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    That's not a little milestone that's a big milestone if you ask me! Jogging isn't easy! Congrats to you! Gloat with your accomplishment. You desreve it! :drinker:
  • queensara2478
    Options
    Huge accomplishment!!! Congratulations and keep up the good work!! I stared running in January and it was hard at first, but I too fell in love with it. Your body gets used to it pretty quick and before you know it your running for miles! Keep it up and good luck!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    .it IS a huge milestone!!!! Go out and try just a little further each time and next thing u know you will be running both miles
  • nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Options
    It's a HUGE milestone! It's just a matter of pushing yourself that little extra everyday - isn't it awesome? Before you know it, you'll be jogging 4 miles, looking back to when you could only walk 2! :wink:

Good for you :happy:
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Good for you, keep it up. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!