Best low calorie snacks you munch on???

Options
I'm a nighttime muncher and would like to know of some tasty low cal' snacks you make recommend?
Would prefer homemade options but not essential

Thanks

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    tacos
  • bcassill2013
    bcassill2013 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like dried pineapple, but, they are high in sugars, so, calories, but, not bad.
  • ashleeliza
    Options
    Special K have bought out some new biscuits called moments.
    There are 5 packs of two in a box and two biscuits equal 99 calories.
    I recently bought the blueberry ones and they really are delicious, they definitely keep me satisfied
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    popcorn isnt bad, as long as you don't overdo it with butter and salt! Air-popped is best!
  • pegganne70
    pegganne70 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    sugar free pudding. yum !!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Ryvita or the like with low fat / light sweet chilli Philly cheese

I prefer the Morrison's dark rye crispbreads

Not tried, but am told toasted Asda Smart Price crumpet with Marmite [no butter] is lush, and around 70 cals
  • ajusteen21
    ajusteen21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    kale chips, air popped popcorn, veggies and hummus, brown rice cakes with toppings, banana ice cream (if you can limit your amount)..
  • vsoto1
    vsoto1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I blend together 1 frozen banana (Chopped) with 1/2 cup of almond milk. It makes a great alternative to soft serve ice cream.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Fresh carrot/celery sticks (with homemade hummus (you control the fat content.))
    Healtheries rice snacks -plenty of crunch without the calories.
    Sakata rice crackers.
    Real Foods Rice Thins whole grain with you favourite low fat topping.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    baby carrots or grape tomatoes.
    They're both a bit sweet and you get your veggies!
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    boiled egg...especially since I have chickens that are laying them!
  • basscadet808
    basscadet808 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    fiber one 80 calorie honey squares cereal.
    Calabros fat Free riicotta with a dallop of honey - can add some cranberries or almonds if you have leftover calories <---best thing I have ever discovered is this fat free ricotta.
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Low-fat Greek yogurt topped with half a banana and a tbsp of sweetened shredded coconut - if I'm craving sweet. For salty - a plain rice cake topped with peanut butter..
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    fiber one 80 calorie honey squares cereal.
    Calabros fat Free riicotta with a dallop of honey - can add some cranberries or almonds if you have leftover calories <---best thing I have ever discovered is this fat free ricotta.

I second this! I was in Wally World the other day and discovered they have a new chocolate flavored 80 calorie Fiber One cereal! Tastes just like Cocoa Puffs!! :)

If you're not looking for anything sweet (I'm a salt craver at night...), I would recommend edamame. Its easy to heat up and you can add a little sea salt.
  • seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    sugar free pudding. yum !!

mmmm try dipping fresh strawberries in chocolate pudding.
  • sherrymccall
    sherrymccall Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love cuties! In case you don't know what they are, they are little clementines or mandarin oranges. They are delicious and only 40 calories a piece!
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Celery dipped in peanut butter with a few chocolate chips sprinkled on each bite. That way, I get fiber, protein and a (small) dose of chocolate.
  • LesCalvert
    LesCalvert Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Some real great shouts. Better get shopping tomorrow. The way the snow is coming down here in Liverpool, I could be snowed in come morning time.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    I normally eat low fat cottage cheese or reduced sodium beef jerky. Sometimes half a granny smith apple.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    12-15 oz of a sirloin steak.