Want to try Insanity

Options
Hi, I joined MFP to help me get my body in shape. I am 17 years old. I heard Insanity is really good, and challenging. I want to try it, but I don't want to buy it and be unsatisfied. Is there any way I can try it? Other than watching other people do the workouts on youtube.

Replies

• thoess
    thoess Posts: 16
    Options
    Insanity is very good, but very hard

Why don't you go on youtube, and try Jilian Michaels 30 Day shred - Level 3 - for free - 27 minutes?
    It is very good too

If you can do that, then you would do fine at insanity

Another good one is her 6 week 6 pack abs - comes in at 35 minutes - pretty hard, and free on youtube

I have done insanity - but these are very good too, and free
    And really, they are pretty similar - insanity is harder, but not that much harder
  • amayaasn
    amayaasn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can find most of the whole workouts on youku, not youtube, youku. I bought the program and am finishing up month 1, I love it.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a HARD workout. If you're someone who has never worked out, gone to a gym or done an exercise class then it will be too hard for you and you could risk injury. You really need to know the correct way to land to make sure you don't blow out a knee or have any other issue that people say they have when they do Insanity.

It really is tough. I am on day three of month two and I'm sore as all get out!

If you can find it online and can see if you can get through one workout and if you can then I'd spend the money and get it. It is definitely NOT for beginners though.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Watch it on Youtube. You can also download it for free from PirateBay
  • khemlinger
    Options
    Kelsie, i recommend going to teambeachbody.com and you can look for a Fit Club in your area. It's on the right hand side of the screen. You type in your zip code and which program you would like to try (or leave it at "any") and hopefully there will be one close by so you can try it out. Also the Fit Club programs are free to attend!!

If you decide to sign up with a free account on the page my coach ID is 201010 and you can also add me as a Buddy if you have any other questions, screen name KarieLynn

Good luck and I hope this helps!