Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Peek at my diary please :0)

Hi All,

My diary is usually locked, not because I am afraid of people seeing my diary but more because it is for me and I have never really thought to unlock it!

Anyway. Going back to May / June / July, I started on very low carbs (around 50g carbs). I gradually upped them but generally stuck to about 100g for most of my weight loss. I have also gradually upped my cals and stick to around 1450 and add on my exercise cals which I don't usually eat back (I am trying to eat some of them).

My questions are:

What do you think to my diary? Everything is weighed and measured and everything is recorded (although, I've not been great at recording my water intake!!)

I had been having problems with constipation in the last 2-3 weeks which I have put down to maybe too much protein and too little fibre/water so I am trying to address this. Things have improved over the last week.

I have real problems with my carbs - I think that I have tried to keep them low for quite some time and it is very difficult for me to get my head around them being ok... I have upped them recently and find that I have to 'plan' to get them in otherwise I end up being really low on them!

Out of interest, how many grams of carbs per day do you shoot for? (I'm wanting to see if I am in line with the norm or on the high/low side as I'm really not sure!!)

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    You don't look like you're doing too badly. My tip, buy some grapes and eat a few cups in one sitting. Your constipation problems will be solved.

Edit: And by too badly, it looks good.
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Your diary looks very healthy to me, perhaps have some dried prunes to help move things along a bit with the constipation :)
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Looks pretty good to me too....well done!
  • Fiona_Bullough
    Fiona_Bullough Posts: 138 Member
    Thanks :) That makes me feel good! I am gradually upping my fruit intake - I love grapes so will definitely give myself a few more!!

Prunes are good too. Will give that a try! Thanks once again x
  • Fiona_Bullough
    Fiona_Bullough Posts: 138 Member
    Ugh, terrible constipation last night! :( Breakfast was mango and lots of grapes! Really not sure why this is happening!

Too many wholemeal things? Too much protein? Not enough veg? Not enough carbs?!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Protein and water looks very good but try to aim for 25 or 30 gr of fibre. Some days it was only 13 or 16 etc..
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Looks good. Have you ever had kefir? That is great, and you can use it in your porridge. It is a fermented milk that has a lot of different probiotic cultures in it. If you use it for a week, with the rest of your good diet, it should clear your constipation right up. Also, you may want to up your water intake if it is low. Dehydration will constipate me.