bikini nsv

Options
shaxnax
shaxnax Posts: 87 Member
So, I wanted to share this because maybe it will help someone else. Today I bought a bikini. I have NEVER worn one. I decided that I was going to wear one this summer, even if my tummy isn't flat, or even if I have some extra skin. I've had a baby and I got to be almost 100 pounds overweight, i also had my lower spine fused and they had to do part of it through the front so i have a scar from that. I'm tired of hating my body, I decided I will embrace and love my body the way life has made it. The only thing I have EVER thought when I see a bigger woman wearing a bikini is, "I wish I had her confidence" and if anyone wants to secretly judge or be grossed out by my decision they can eff off because they aren't the type of person I would want as friends anyways. I will continue working towards being healthy but I'm done being ashamed, and ready to give my daughter positive body image examples.

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Enjoy your bikini!
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    That is awesome... Good for you....
  • shaxnax
    Options
    Thank you. :) weight loss and healthy living is so much more of a mental thing than I had realized.
  • fancycupcake
    fancycupcake Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get back into one by this summer, but it may have to wait until next summer...We will see! I used to look great in one when I was about 140 lbs, 15 years old (I'm 5'2")...but then I got boyfriend after boyfriend and worked at places with nothing but junk food and have no active hobbies. Now I'm at 170 and can't even look at bikinis. I own them, but they are buried in my dresser, and they look AWFUL on me. Stupid love handles and belly and thighs!

Great job on your loss of weight and gain in confidence - that's a pretty good trade! :D
  • shaxnax
    Options
    You can do it fancycupcake! I too think it's a great trade :) I'm so much happier now being 50 pounds overweight than I was when I was only 10 pounds overweight, I can't imagine what I'll be like when I get back to being at goal.
  • tlkrallman
    Options
    You rock girl! Keep doing your thing! I think it's awesome!
  • nicsalt
    nicsalt Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good for you Shaxnax! Enjoy your bikini.
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I went on holiday 4 months ago with my boyfriend, and i wore bikinis more than i wore swimming costumes.
    I am well over 100lbs overweight. But so were lots of other people there.
    And not once did i see anyone giggling or staring, and i am so happy i decided to do it.
    You don't have to be stick thin, you can be comfortable in your own skin.
    Do it, in life, you regret what you didn't do more than what you did!
    xx
  • jscupp1016
    jscupp1016 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I think I'm buying one as well, a bright pink one... I havent worn one in ten years.... it's going to happen this summer!
  • shaxnax
    Options
    I went on holiday 4 months ago with my boyfriend, and i wore bikinis more than i wore swimming costumes.
    I am well over 100lbs overweight. But so were lots of other people there.
    And not once did i see anyone giggling or staring, and i am so happy i decided to do it.
    You don't have to be stick thin, you can be comfortable in your own skin.
    Do it, in life, you regret what you didn't do more than what you did!
    xx
    I'm glad to hear a positive story! Also thank you everyone for your encouragement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!