When do you weigh in?

Options
I didn't know where to post this question, so here is where I ended up. When and how often do you weigh yourself? My plan was to weigh in once a week on Friday morning only.

Replies

• MartialAngel
    MartialAngel Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Monday's!
  • thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings. After pee before breakfast.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Sunday mornings, after I pee and strip
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a nut.

I record my weight and body fat every morning right after I wake up, after I go to the bathroom.

I enter every weight into Excel. I have a formula that discards the highest and lowest weight each week. I then track the average each week and then graph the average.

That way, if one day is really high or low, I can still see the trends over the last several weeks. I find out what effect a large dinner or a major workout has on my weight.
  • RetroSnowflake
    Options
    I used to weigh every Thursday morning but since New Year, I weigh every Tuesday morning (:
  • 62texan
    62texan Posts: 13
    Options
    I used to weigh once a week, but asked my husband to hide the scale and am now going to weigh once a month. Otherwise, I am too obsessive about the scale.
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    I try to weigh in only once a week, but wind up checking a few times a week...wake up, pee & weigh (cry)
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a nut.

I record my weight and body fat every morning right after I wake up, after I go to the bathroom.

I enter every weight into Excel. I have a formula that discards the highest and lowest weight each week. I then track the average each week and then graph the average.

That way, if one day is really high or low, I can still see the trends over the last several weeks. I find out what effect a large dinner or a major workout has on my weight.

I think I'm the bigger nut ;) I weigh every 8-12 weeks when I got to the doctors for new allergy shot vials. They have one of those fancy tanita body fat scales.
  • pigmartianpig
    Options
    Monday mornings as soon as I get up.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week and it is Friday morning.
  • Cat76r
    Cat76r Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Holly its really up to you which day you weigh in. I do keep it 2 once a week though scales hoping can drive you crazy as a body would naturally fluctuate from day to day:smile::smile:
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Saturday mornings.
  • lfane
    lfane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wednesday mornings, only once a week.
  • HollySmith22
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to keep it to once a week, Friday mornings. I have hidden our scale down in the laundry room so I won't see it each morning in the bathroom and be tempted to weigh myself. And if it's downstairs, I have to make at least one stairs pass to get there! Ha!

Thanks again!! I am new here and thrilled to get so much feedback!
  • deekay8507
    deekay8507 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings!
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Depends, usually just when I feel like it. I weigh in probably close to 3-5 times a week, I like to see how things are affecting my body. I don't beat myself up about it, though, because I know I am doing good things for my body and numbers don't mean everything. :)
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    every day, first thing in the morning after my shower.
    Some say weigh once a week, some say every day. i went with every day and if i see my weight go up i use it for motivation to stay on track for that days goals.... if seeing your weigh go up and down through the week will frustrate you do it weekly

My general trend is down but its nothing to see it go up and down a pound or so from the "baseline" . i tend to think its depending on how much salt and excercise and water/fluids i had the day before but really, who knows lol
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    I weight every two weeks, on Saturday. Like others said, right in the morning after going to the bathroom and before showering/eating/doing anything else.

This way I see my progress in bigger numbers. And if I don't make progress, I have a nice sample size to figure out what went wrong with calories and exercise.
  • Missme979910
    Options
    i do it every other day, sometimes every day, first think in the morning, after I pee, and no clothes on.
  • MsCarlalalala
    Options
    Once a week. Monday mornings. Keeps me from over doing it on the weekends.