In place of a road map!

Hey everyone, I'm recently switching from eating 1200 calories to doing the in place of a road map, and was looking for friends who are also doing this method! :)

Replies

• Hi!

Feel free to add me... I start doing IPOARM a week ago tomorrow and have already lost a pound and a half! :)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    I'm doing it and lost 3lbs the second week
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Hi, could you give a brief summary of this plan. Thanks
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    woohoo!!!! I am so happy to hear this!!!! You're gonna feel SO MUCH BETTER!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    TDEE minus a percentage.
    it's full of win.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

It's awesome. Like, imagine unicorns wrapped in bacon.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    I switched to this about 3 weeks ago and it is great. No longer see red everyone on my diary, I don't feel like I am starving and it is more of a lifestyle I can live with forever versus a diet. Friend request sent.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    I'm, doing it too :smile:

I'm already a friend and she's AWESOME :flowerforyou:

IT WORKS :drinker:
  • I found that post earlier this evening and have now changed my settings which has upped my calories by 1800 a day. I've only been using MFP properly for a week and have been going to the gym most days too.

I've put on 2 stone in the last 2 years and am determined to lose it.

Any friends or encouragement are welcome!

Good luck everyone :)
  • I'm doing it, and LOVE it!
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    TDEE minus a percentage.
    it's full of win.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

This is new? TDEE minus a percentage or a set number of calories has been around for at least half a decade.
  • trogalicious
    TDEE minus a percentage.
    it's full of win.

This is new? TDEE minus a percentage or a set number of calories has been around for at least half a decade.

Funny, I don't remember claiming anything was new... but hey, thanks for the input!
  • lvtruu1
    TDEE minus a percentage.
    it's full of win.

Funny, I don't remember claiming anything was new... but hey, thanks for the input!

I guess I read that as this was some new revelation I guess it comes down to how you learned to cut weight. If you came here when you started looking into losing weight you like learned just how complicated weight loss can be made to be.. Most every site, every diet plan just makes it more difficult, confusing and increases the likelihood that people will fail.
  • trogalicious

I guess I read that as this was some new revelation I guess it comes down to how you learned to cut weight. If you came here when you started looking into losing weight you like learned just how complicated weight loss can be made to be.. Most every site, every diet plan just makes it more difficult, confusing and increases the likelihood that people will fail.

Right, imagine that.. eating at a calorie deficit to lose weight. It's a simple process. The fact is, FAR too many people will do this:
    1. join MFP.
    2. Set a goal that isn't healthy (20 lbs to lose? I wanna lose 2 lbs per week and be super awesome!)
    3. Eat under the goal, since hey, that's how you lose, right?
    4. Exercise and not eat back those calories.
    5. Show up on the forums, hangry. "but, but, I haven't lost weight!"

So, when they show up here... first... cold and lonely.. in from the snow... they're given a number from the app/website. Most folks just trust it. They don't do the research behind what BMR or TDEE is. They just know the number. They obsess about that number and the number on the scale. They get hungry and mad.

So, as far as the science behind it.. no... eating at a deficit isn't magic or new... but scour the forums for all of the folks that fall into the above situation. I can count 15 carbon copies of that exact situation from just today. So while the science isn't new, the concept is going to be new to a lot of folks that are here the first time.

Not starving by eating more food, above BMR, below TDEE... that's a concept that is foreign to a lot of folks.

Feel better?
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    I've upped my calories from 1350 to 1750 with IPOARM and I'm down 3lbs from when I started the plan a few months ago. Slow and steady and I eat!
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    I am doing this, started 2 days ago, after a 5 month plateau, working out x5 days a week and eating 1200 calories. I feel tons better! And am nicer to others :)
    Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • lvtruu1

Right, imagine that.. eating at a calorie deficit to lose weight. It's a simple process. The fact is, FAR too many people will do this:
    1. join MFP.
    2. Set a goal that isn't healthy (20 lbs to lose? I wanna lose 2 lbs per week and be super awesome!)
    3. Eat under the goal, since hey, that's how you lose, right?
    4. Exercise and not eat back those calories.
    5. Show up on the forums, hangry. "but, but, I haven't lost weight!"

So, when they show up here... first... cold and lonely.. in from the snow... they're given a number from the app/website. Most folks just trust it. They don't do the research behind what BMR or TDEE is. They just know the number. They obsess about that number and the number on the scale. They get hungry and mad.

So, as far as the science behind it.. no... eating at a deficit isn't magic or new... but scour the forums for all of the folks that fall into the above situation. I can count 15 carbon copies of that exact situation from just today. So while the science isn't new, the concept is going to be new to a lot of folks that are here the first time.

Not starving by eating more food, above BMR, below TDEE... that's a concept that is foreign to a lot of folks.

Feel better?

I agree with everything except the eating above BMR. BMR/RMR is probably a good idea but it isn't set in stone. Other then for tiny people, the average person requires about 1500 solid calories to meet basic nutritional needs and cutting to that point, if your diet is good, isn't an issue.

Personally, I ate less than my RMR for months on end. I'm now not under it but I'm pretty much done cutting weight. Oh and I never ate back my exercise calories either. But your layout is much more sane then what I did.
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Started this week and am starting to see a decrease on the scale. I have been a chronic yo yo dieter for years, getting down to my goal weight by eating 1200 (or less) and then rebounding back up immediately. I could never keep up the deprivation. I can see that IPOARM will nip that awful habit in the butt. I have so much more energy to exercise and weirdly enough, I don't fear food anymore. Of course, all the success stories I've been reading have really helped to turn my thinking around. Great method!
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Started about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Feel free to add me!
  • JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    Thanks everyone! :)