Boy did I blow it today

Options
I've been doing so good since I started on Monday and today I blew my calories by over 300 and I'm miserable.

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Good news! Tomorrow is another day!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and move on.

300 calories is not that big of a deal. It takes 3500 extra for a pound. Worst case scenario you lose .1 of a pound less this week.

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    wtg
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    That is less than 1/10th of a pound of fat. Not to mention you probably set your goal to 2 lb/day like most when they start, so you still have a 700 calorie deficit for the day. So, congrats :-)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I went over by 1,500 the other day. I went over by the tune of my ENTIRE daily goal. I've still lost twenty pounds. I will still continue to lose weight.

Log it and move on.,Don't let one day be the reason why you give up ALL the days you've already put the effort in.
  • LoseWithLaurie
    LoseWithLaurie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    300 calories WON'T ruin your efforts. Everyone falls down-pick yourself up,dust yourself off and continue making good choices. If I can do this, ANYONE can:)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    First I'll echo what others have said - no point in beating yourself up.

Plus remember that your 'goal' has a deficit factored in. If you are on the one pound a week plan, you have a 500 Calorie daily deficit already factored in. So actually you didn't fail at anything - you achieved a 200 Calorie deficit for the day. Go you!

If you want to get closer to your arbitrary target, go for a walk, or a run, or a cycle ride. Or just do a few strenuous cores around the house.
  • Honeybea86
    Options
    Go running or for a walk just to ease your mind, like everyone else just said tomorrow is another day
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    No big deal. It's a lifestyle change, not a temporary commitment. Fall down seven times...get up eight. Whatever you do, keep going. EVERYONE has 'bad' days. Just keep going.
  • paininneck
    paininneck Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
  • WJZR
    WJZR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Every day is a fresh start. Resolve to exercise a bit more tomottow to make up for it, if that will make you feel better.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I was hoping for something else...
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Check your weekly calories. You're probably doing okay. I ate kind of low all week since I know I'm going to be over by about 300 tonight. (Celebration dinner for a friend's promotion.) I'm exercising more this weekend to make up for it too. But even if I didn't, it's no big deal.

Your new life is about balance. Don't let one day freak you out. Look at the big picture. You're doing just fine. :)
  • TxLdy3
    TxLdy3 Posts: 31
    Options
    No big deal...we ALL have days like this...try again tomorrow!!! It'll be okay.
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    ha thats not even bad! just call it your cheat day and resolved!
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Get back on the wagon! I read that once you screw up, your next meal becomes even that much more important. So shake it off and make sure you plan to eat a super-healthy meal next! Don't let this sabotage your good work. I am guilty of self-sabotage and it's hard to break that pattern.

I planned to stop at one glass of wine last night; that turned into 2 and then a run to the grocery store for a GIANT cupcake. Whoops. So I ended up going over by probably 800 calories yesterday. I regretted it AS I was doing it! This morning I made sure to drink some green tea, ate two hard boiled eggs, and some V8 juice for breakfast. I'm back on track.
  • BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at time! Tomorrow is a new day! :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It's just one day. No one got fat in a day.

Some quotes that are from people on MFP that I keep on my profile to remind me to not throw a pity party and keep moving forward:

"Don't worry about yesterday. You've got the knowledge to go forward and that's all that counts" - MFPer DavPul

"Stop being weak, only weak people allow themselves to be sabotaged" - MFPer Acg67
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I went over my calories by 1198. I'm gonna be going to the gym tomorrow and work my muskels sore.