evil midnight snack....

Options
oh boy, its midnight here in Germany and Im watching my husband playing his PS3 and playing with my laptop...all of a sudden I get mean sugar cravings after doing so good the whole day...:sad: What do you guys snack when it happens to you? I usually eat frozen grapes, but just the thought of it makes me sick right now lol...HELP:)

Replies

• LisaY76
    LisaY76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a cold apple straight out of the fridge.

You may want to try documenting what is going on around you when you get these types of cravings. I started documenting everytime I would get a chocolate craving and found that I only crave it when I am tired, overly hungry or bored. I try to avoid those triggers and I have not had any bad chocolate cravings recently. Good Luck. :happy:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Have a little and leave it at that :)

Sometimes the cravings mean something more though, try googling what craving sweets can mean, you'd be surprised.
  • Shabadu
    Shabadu Posts: 211
    Options
    I googled the cravings and now I have cancer.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Go to bed and sleep.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Go to bed and sleep.

Excellet suggestion! .. Your body craves energy and since you won't go to sleep, it's decided it needs nourishment to continue working during the night. .

Dr Oz says.. get enough food, water and SLEEP to lose weight! :wink:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    A spoonful of jam.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows you can't feed them after midnight.
  • romyd84
    romyd84 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    SLEEP is an excellent suggestion! :) I drank some more water and now its gone! I have those cravings pretty often at night. I keep waking up at night and want something sweet. I can control it so far by drinking water and going back to sleep. I eat normal and dont starve myself during the day. It has always been like that and it is really annoying!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Go to bed and sleep.

^This
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    depends what my macros look like up to that point. ideally, i go for ice cream
  • Progman
    Progman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    A handful of almonds will do the trick - great for you, in a lot of ways.

If it has to be something sweet, have a couple of dates, figs or 5 or 6 dried apricot pieces.
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Craisins
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    BenampJerrys-NewEngland-factoryatStowe_zps92ab0090.gif
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    oh boy, its midnight here in Germany and Im watching my husband playing his PS3 and playing with my laptop...all of a sudden I get mean sugar cravings after doing so good the whole day...:sad: What do you guys snack when it happens to you? I usually eat frozen grapes, but just the thought of it makes me sick right now lol...HELP:)

I try to save at least 500 cals for post-midnight munching.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Go to bed and sleep.

Dr Oz says ...

no.

(doesn't matter what he said. the answer is no.)
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If I REALLY need something good and satisfying, I'll have a tablespoon of chocolate chips, a gogurt, a piece of whole wheat toast with some sugar free jam, green tea with honey, reduced cal hot coco made with water, 100cal kettle corn popcorn...all those are around 100cals or less and very satisfying!

Happy munching!! :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I try to save at least 500 cals for post-midnight munching.

I eat 500 extra calls for post-midnight smushing
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    baby-courage-wolf-meme-generator-it-s-11-59pm-and-i-m-hungry-did-you-learn-nothing-from-gremlins-6f60b1_zps11b9902a.jpg
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    If it's after midnight somewhere in the world it's tomorrow so feed the need and log it for Saturday.
  • Mamax143
    Options
    I am in college and up very late at night sometimes doing homework, when I get those cravings I have a big glass of water and a tbsp of natural peanut butter, it helps me alot!