Best low calorie snacks you munch on???

Options
2»

Replies

• MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Quitting grains has removed the vast majority of snacking urges for me, but on the rare occasion, I'll have some tamari almonds or mixed tamari nuts and seeds, or possibly Lindt 85% chocolate. One square is plenty.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My current favourite is melba toasts, topped with a scraping of low low cream cheese with cracked black pepper, topped with cuecumber slices... A pack of 6 toasts with the topping included are 120 cals.

I'm also loving Alpen Light chewy bars - especially apple and sultana and the cherry bakewell - 70cals each :)

Also, a sliced apple dipped in peanut butter (just weight the peanut butter and weigh the apple - generally 100-150 cals :)
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I normally eat low fat cottage cheese or reduced sodium beef jerky. Sometimes half a granny smith apple.

yummmm
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I love skinny pop @ 39 cals/cup, or Whole Foods 365 organic red fat/sodium popcorn ($1.99 for a big bag)

I have a big crunching urge so it has volume without calories.
  • lifesigns64
    Options
    Imitation crab meat, string cheese, hummus
  • kwseneca
    Options
    POPCORN.
    get 100 calorie packs of them for the microwave.
    I also like string cheese (50 calorie kind), and I LOVE LOVE LOVE CRISPY BAKED GARBANZO BEANS (chickpeas)
    so good. google a recipe. they are great and so good for you
  • Neraks
    Neraks Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This sounds so good!! Definitely rememering this one!!
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    bump
  • slydog1227
    Options
    We keep alot of good fruit, apples, oranges, grapefruit, blueberries, black berries. Plus almonds and walnuts, craisins, and raisins! Sometimes at night i'll get a small hadfull of almonds, and a small handfull of raisins. That really settles my sweet tooth. I drink ALOT of herbal and green teas with a teaspoon of honey or a splenda now as well. It helps get me over the edge. I keep celery, baby carrots, and cherry tomatoes in abundance for healthy snacking. Brocolli florettes....we get the big bag from SAMs..great steamed or micro'd as well. Sometimes I just can't stand it, so I get a piece or two of this lean roast beef, corned beef or turkey we buy at SAMs. and eat just the meat, plain. Gets me over the nightime munchies! I'm on a self imposed, gluten free as possible, wheat free, sugar free (other than natural fruit sugar, and a few teaspoons of honey a day) ...and the hardest for me, no beer, wine or alcohol, diet. I'm trying to loose about 40 pounds. So far so good! Just a little hungry at times now and I feel much better being off all the wheat/sugar/yeast stuff.