calories vs carbs

Options
hey guys, i'm new to MFP, but am really enjoying it both the app, and online.

when i log my food each day, i'm hitting the calorie target, and understand that... but i'm well below my goal intake of carbs.

my question is - why do i have a goal of carbs, what happens when it's significantly lower than it 'should' be?

Replies

• Annaduurai
    Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think the set amount of carbs is more a maximum than a minimum.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    that's just the default setting. You can change the percentage break down in your settings.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I am always lower on my carbs (have to keep them down lower due to being diabetic). How low are your carbs? under 50? 100?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Carbs fuel your workouts and also help with leptin uptake and utilization.
  • BigJza
    BigJza Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just maintain your caloric levels with good food and a nice balance of carbs, fats and protein and youll see results fast.

It really is that simple
  • unchainedzulu
    unchainedzulu Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am always lower on my carbs (have to keep them down lower due to being diabetic). How low are your carbs? under 50? 100?

my daily 'goal' is 175, but it sits around the 60 mark.

changing the settings is good to know, but i dont know what it should be - so trying to work out is this 'goal' a target i should be aiming to reach (based on my other settings) or is this a maximum as annaduurai said?

thanks for your advice :)
  • loic901
    loic901 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    wow 60? dunno how you get that low :P im at 300+

im on a bulk tho ... almost anything has a LOTS of carb .. not hard to find :P bread fruits ..
  • unchainedzulu
    unchainedzulu Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    wow 60? dunno how you get that low :P im at 300+

ok, well i feel better :P lol
    i'm not tired, i feel great.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    If you're eating balanced & healthy & everything you see & feel is good it shouldn't be a problem.