MY boyfriend and I's first NSV!!!

Options
my boyfriend doesn't follow MFP, but I'm pushing to convert him to join the masses... however he told me last night at dinner he was on the treadmill going 5.5 mph, he had already been going ten min into it when this toned fit looking guy got on the treadmill next to him and started running too. They were going neck and neck almost in this unspoken competition for about 15 min even bumped it up to 6 mph, then all of a sudden the toned guy had to stop and catch his breath while my boy friend just kept going along. He felt so great about that because he always refers to himself as that chubby Nerdy teacher, now he says teacher can run with the best of them!!

My first NSV is is the other day i was tired after a long day of work and for a fraction of a second i thought baout just going home and skipping the gym.... thank god I told myself " no you will feel better after a workout and you wont get back in to bad habits!!!"
I had the best workout that night and I will never doubt my=self again on if i'm too tires to go

Replies

• mylifesjourney
    mylifesjourney Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hi. I'm new to this. what is "NSV"?
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    NSV = Non Scale Victory
  • moncheree86
    moncheree86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh i just learned this!!! it means Non Scale Victory
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    non scale victory. It's good to focus on those, especially when the scale isn't moving!
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well done. It's when you really don't want to work out you French get the best results x good post
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good job to both of you!
  • HokieMama4
    HokieMama4 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your NSV. I'm having one of those nights where I feel like being lazy, but I know if I don't workout I'll be so mad at myself. Thanks for the additional reminder!
  • moncheree86
    moncheree86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm having that feeling again tonight my glutes and inner thighs are still sore from wed leg and chest workout... but i know they will only feel better when they are being worked out tonight after work.... its shoulders back and abs tonight!! ADN IM GOING TO KNOCK IT OUT !!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!