High carb/low carb diet optioin with Dr Oz (yesterday)

Options
2»

Replies

• lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi All - have a question for everyone - any see Dr Oz yesterday with Jamie Powell. I am considering the high carb/low carb option. Anyone doing that now, is it working. I love my carbs so it sounds perfect.

It sounds like carb cycling to me, if that is the case, and you have a significant amount if body fat to lose, it'll have little or negligible benefit vs. a balanced diet with a caloric deficit. Carb cycling may be of more benefit to you when you become rather lean and your weight loss starts becoming rather slow or of your weight loss stalls.

/Thread

Swear to god I wrote this almost verbatim on another site a few months ago...
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    i just sent dr.oz $40.00 to promote my medium iron diet....next episode for sure, lol. it all depends on which type of carbs you take, snickers=carbs bad, brown rice=carbs good
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i just sent dr.oz $40.00 to promote my medium iron diet....next episode for sure, lol. it all depends on which type of carbs you take, snickers=carbs bad, brown rice=carbs good

medium iron diet?

nah. you need a catchy name. the great and powerful Oz would never promote such a mundane sounding weight loss regimen*.

try again with a new name.

* - unless you paid him.
  • kuntry_navy
    Options
    dr. oz newest beakthrough!!

tapeworm-diet_zps4424c0a0.jpg
  • thevegangladiator
    thevegangladiator Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    snickers is high fat 43% and 50%carbs. brown rice is 86% carbs 6% fat. why snicker makes you fat cause its high fat not the carbs
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    snickers is high fat 43% and 50%carbs. brown rice is 86% carbs 6% fat. why snicker makes you fat cause its high fat not the carbs

If the calories are the same - this is just not correct.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mh4wvdUOxS1qkrmplo11_r1_250_zps18ab1d46.gif
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz = nonsense

This!
  • kuntry_navy
    Options

i was thinking more refined compared to complex, but...

thCANJUBHC_zpsc686d0a2.jpg
  • Dymatized
    Options
    I use carb cycling now and it's a little more work but I am getting results after hitting a plateau. Best part is I get to eat more and still shed body fat and still retain pretty much the same body weight.
  • justforjen1
    justforjen1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The weight loss industry is just that: A multi-billion dollar industy that will tell you what ever you want to hear about losing weight. You want to eat carbs? You will find a ton of Dr's and authors selling their plan. You want to give up carbs? Same thing. Looking for a quick fix? Again, you can find a ton of pills, powders and goodness knows what else...all for a price and all promising the same wonderful results as the next. I know, because I have tried most of them. What it boils down to is: calories in and calories out. However you want to get there, or whatever foods you want to eat to get there is all up to you....for free.
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The weight loss industry is just that: A multi-billion dollar industy that will tell you what ever you want to hear about losing weight. You want to eat carbs? You will find a ton of Dr's and authors selling their plan. You want to give up carbs? Same thing. Looking for a quick fix? Again, you can find a ton of pills, powders and goodness knows what else...all for a price and all promising the same wonderful results as the next. I know, because I have tried most of them. What it boils down to is: calories in and calories out. However you want to get there, or whatever foods you want to eat to get there is all up to you....for free.

With a large dose of WILL POWER.
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options
    dr. oz newest beakthrough!!

tapeworm-diet_zps4424c0a0.jpg

LMAO! I haven't heard about the tape worm diet in a long time!
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2zVxA6yipv4 look at this - a picture says a thousand words!

I notice they conveniently leave out Mark Sisson and his wife, as well as Robb Wolf and his wife.

Of course they're going to find examples of people who are overweight to show how awful the diet they don't agree with is while finding examples of thin people to show how wonderful the diet they do agree with is. It's called a bias. I can find plenty of photos of fat vegans. Does that instantly mean that veganism is the wrong choice?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to Dr. Oz or any of those other As Seen on TV salesmen. They seem like they should be hawking pills at a carnival. But anyways, I've eaten high carb all my life and my blood sugar is awesome and I've never been overweight. I think the key is that I eat high fiber, whole grain carbs and as little processed and refined carbs as possible. I cook/bake/prep most of my own food from scratch. Oh, and most importantly, I stay within my calories!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I watched a show where he said he does not endores any product. His show is like one long infomercial though. I gave up watching after a couple of times. Nothing is in depth.