To the Moms Out there..

Options
So I two babies, a one and a two year old. With that came a muffin top type belly.. If I continue to work out and eat right will that flap ever go away??

Replies

• Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    I'm sure it will eventually, if you dedicate yourself to counting calories and exercise :-) I know of some women that have had children and have flat tummies, so I like to keep an optimistic mind about it. :-) I've had 3 babies but have been over weight for years.
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    I hope it goes away.. lol
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
  • megedoug
    megedoug Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My stomach is starting to tighten up and get smaller. Still a long way to go but it gives me hope.
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I believe it will. Just lots of work and good eating. I'm on that journey with just an almost two year old.
  • kansaspeach
    kansaspeach Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will! Just eat healthy, and do exercises to strengthen that core! Pilates is great, and lifting weights is good, too. You CAN do it!~
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Yes, it will start to go away.
  • chatter27
    chatter27 Posts: 121
    Options
    Try reverse crunches as well, I haven't gotten there yet, but heard they help.
  • turboturtlepower
    Options
    Still have mine, but I also was a cardio lover for a long time. Seen lots of success stories from women who heavy lift. I'm more focused on losing fat at the moment, but intend on going into lifting later on this year. Mom of a 6, 5, and 3 year old boys who I had by c-section. I believe my flap will be gone in a couple years...
  • masonnsmamma
    Options
    I hope so! My son will be 1 next month and i feel like this pooch will never go away. But im sure if we lose weight it will, even with the 5lbs ive lost its flatened a little
  • laynunugawa
    laynunugawa Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    my first baby was 9lbs and the second one was 10lbs so my stomache was so bad. When I use to sit down I would have this thick bulge overhang and you can literally lift it and tuck into pants. After some weightloss it gradually shrunk. Strenght training, cardio, healthy diet, and patience helped it a lot. Nice to say that I know longer have a muffin top but I do have a little pudge in the middle but not as bad. In time I know that I will get it down more.

So you want to continue on a healthy diet and exercise regimen and you will see results, just be patient
  • luvya7sandra796
    luvya7sandra796 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had two c sections and I found it tough to get rid of my muffin top. I Have tried everything. By putting on sweat belts and tighting up my abs. I still have a pouch but working on it! Been doing crunches and it helping alot! It takes awhile, to get rid, it trully takes time. With eatting and counting calories. I am seeing some good results on my belly. It takes time. :happy: