Walk Away The Pounds

Options
Has anyone tried "Walk Away The Pounds" by Leslie Sansone? I used it years ago and enjoyed it and thought it wasnt boring!

Replies

• Garrettsmom
    Garrettsmom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I do it and it works. Its almost like aerobics! I really like it.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/93761-walk-away-the-pounds-4-28-5-4-10

There is a group of walkers here on the message board. Some of us do WATP and some do other walking. Please feel free to join our thread. I think I have the link posted above. I've never tried it so not sure if it will work.

:happy:
  • hjsmith
    hjsmith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have used it sporadically in the past. I like it, too. In fact, I should get off my bottom and use my tapes!! I have the 1 mile, 2 mile, and 3 mile tapes......I've never gotten past the 1 mile.....b/c I never stuck with it. Leslie Sansone is great, though......I saw somewhere that she has a new Christian-based walking workout....I've been wanting to check it out. ~~Hilary
  • missygal
    missygal Posts: 60
    Options
    I have old on VHS it's the 3 mile walk. I'm looking at buyinh another one in a DVD since thats what we have in our workout room!

How long have you been doing it? And what one do you have?
  • BFit4U
    BFit4U Posts: 7
    Options
    My Mom has it and absolutely loves it. You can make it as intense or as light as you want. Every once in awhile when I am visting over night we do the workout together.
  • jdejre_k
    jdejre_k Posts: 54
    Options
    I love them!

You can watch them for free from Exercise TV:

1 mile : http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/1-mile-walk-2786

2 mile : http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/2-mile-walk-9413

3 mile : http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/3-mile-walk-5993

I have them bookmarked on my computer and use them on my "down days." They are also a great help to learn warm up and cool down techniques!
  • missygal
    Options
    Thanks gals! I just ordered Leslie Sansone 5 Day Slim Down. Woohoo I can't wait...I even paid more shipping to get it here faster! :bigsmile:
  • rmangum68
    rmangum68 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have two of her DVD's the 3 mile and the 5 mile. I like both of them and use them regularly. Yes, they do work but with any exercises you have to change things up a bit to keep from hitting those plateaus.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Thanks gals! I just ordered Leslie Sansone 5 Day Slim Down. Woohoo I can't wait...I even paid more shipping to get it here faster! :bigsmile:

Check out your local Wal-mart and Target too. They usually have a few to choose from. The new 3-mile Boot Camp (at Wal-mart) is good. :smile:
  • missygal
    Options
    I have two of her DVD's the 3 mile and the 5 mile. I like both of them and use them regularly. Yes, they do work but with any exercises you have to change things up a bit to keep from hitting those plateaus.

I agree! That's one reason I got the one I did, so I have a different workou teach day!
  • missygal
    Options

Check out your local Wal-mart and Target too. They usually have a few to choose from. The new 3-mile Boot Camp (at Wal-mart) is good. :smile:

Cool I will definetly check it out!
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    I absolutely love Leslie Sansone Work out videos. I am doing the walk slim challenge.
  • missygal
    Options
    I absolutely love Leslie Sansone Work out videos. I am doing the walk slim challenge.

Awesome!!:wink:
  • Prov_31mom
    Prov_31mom Posts: 5
    Options
    I have them and love them too! I started them in January(I have 2 different ones, the 5 miles and the 4 fast miles) and haven't gotten bored with them yet :-)
  • sweetsong
    sweetsong Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also love Leslie Sansone Dvd's .. I just did the 3 mile powerwalk... after doing the Jillian Michaels Shred ( 1st time) ... Am I crazy?..lol.
    I wanted to try the Shred...but wanted to start back on walking with Leslie. She is so inspirational. They had some numbers flash in front the the walkers to show 100 pd losses. It's very motivating to see how well they are doing. You will enjoy doing the dvd's.. the best part of it is that you can do it at anytime that you can fit in your schedule and it goes by quickly.
  • wendyk523
    wendyk523 Posts: 15
    Options
    I live by these! I travel for work and I take them and my fit band and hand weights and can do these anywhere. Good solid cardio -- sometimes cheesy but not too hard for anyone -- even me and I am NOT coordinated. LOVE them
  • wendyk523
    wendyk523 Posts: 15
    Options
    Amazon.com usually has a bunch on sale and sometimes you can get free shipping.
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    The 5 Mile fat Burning Walk DVD is AWESOME!!! Each 12 minute mile has 2 minutes of jogging at the end.....its really good!