Went out to eat and didn't overindulge!

Options
Today marks 5 days straight of logging, and tonight I went out to eat with my parents. We went to happy hour and I feel really good that didn't overdo it, I watched my portions and checked out the restaurant and chose a meal beforehand and logged it in so I knew I wouldn't go over my daily goals. Feeling good! Just wanted to share my feelings so I would know how good I feel today and won't fall off the wagon! Baby steps! Those small victories feel good.

Anyone else had a successful day/week? :)

Replies

• sltpsu15
    sltpsu15 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's great...I find it is always hard to eat out when tracking my calories. I travel a lot for work which means eating out every night. I always try and pick restaurants that have healthy options but sometimes it is hard. I haven't been on a trip since I started tracking. I have been doing good so far and hope I keep it up!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am in the infancy of being back on track, as well, and went to an all day workshop; they had a lunch buffet. And.... I made good choices! High five to us! :bigsmile:
  • kimmiedunne
    kimmiedunne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great job! I always check out a restaurant ahead of time and choose a meal (if menu's are available online) - it makes me feel so much better about my choices! You don't need to cut out things you like - you just have to moderate portions! Again - great job, keep it up! :)
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are right to be proud of your work!
  • Manapaws
    Manapaws Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    fantabulous, great job, fantasitic, stick with it, you can do it, : )
  • henkemonica
    henkemonica Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing night before last. Called restaurant to find out what was on buffet, made my choices, logged them, then went out to eat. This worked really well. Did not feel at all deprived. Had a very nice evening with hubby and friends.
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I actually have had a wonderful week! I ate out tonight as well and still had calories to spare without exercise! Good for you too!!! One day at a time!
  • scamp76
    scamp76 Posts: 26
    Options
    Great job! My kiddos and I went out to our favorite sandwich shop tonight and I was really proud of my choices too! I could have done so terrible and instead I did really well. What really made me happy was that my oldest daughter noticed this and said she was really proud of me!!!! I feel great right now! :happy:
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Good job! Hubby wanted pizza delivery tonight because neither of us felt like cooking. I told him no so he went to the grocery store and bought broccoli cheddar soup, baguettes, steamed shrimp and a huge grinder and macaroni salad for him and the kids. I portioned out 1 cup of soup, 6 shrimp (no butter) and a serving of the baguette (150 cal) and didn't go over my calories. And I'm full! Yay us!
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    So happy for everyone!!! Thanks for the motivation!!! :) It's nice to know that other people go through the same things I do and are trying to actively make good choices. Temptation is so hard to beat!
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    Great job and well done, always good to have a plan before you go out.
  • Sloth_TurtleGirl
    Sloth_TurtleGirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have also found that more and more restaurants are adding under 550 or under 575 sections to their menus. So, if we do stop on a spur of the moment, I know exactly what I'm getting into. Having MFP on my iPhone is also very helpful because I can look up the exact number on a fly. I was happy to know I could do date night at Olive Garden without sacrificing my calories for the day! Applebees has some very yummy stuff on their menu as does Logan's Roadhouse
  • rebecadlopez
    Options
    [quVERY TRUE :) GOOD JOB ote]
    So happy for everyone!!! Thanks for the motivation!!! :) It's nice to know that other people go through the same things I do and are trying to actively make good choices. Temptation is so hard to beat!
    [/quote]
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    That's really hard to do! Good for you. I'm still struggling with that part. I manage to plan ahead most of the time, or look for designated healthy menu items....but IHOP kills me. LOL
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Today marks 5 days straight of logging, and tonight I went out to eat with my parents. We went to happy hour and I feel really good that didn't overdo it, I watched my portions and checked out the restaurant and chose a meal beforehand and logged it in so I knew I wouldn't go over my daily goals. Feeling good! Just wanted to share my feelings so I would know how good I feel today and won't fall off the wagon! Baby steps! Those small victories feel good.

Anyone else had a successful day/week? :)

great job!!! i LOVE days like that :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!