I'm struggling with this 1200 Calories a day thing...

Options
Some days I can't eat all of my 1200 caloriew and I am worried about "starvation mode". I eat a lot of lean protein & drink protein shakes- one when I wake up and one after a workout (as per trainers suggestion) BUT somedays I am just not hungry enough to eat all of my MFP calories but am always over in the protein area. Can people please give any advice/suggestions in plain-easy to understand english?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...Can people please give any advice/suggestions in plain-easy to understand english?
    Peanut Butter.

Spoon.

Eat.

Solved.
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Before reading about it on this site I had never heard the term starvation mode before, I think it was invented here.
  • cbailey28072
    Options
    Use the food log to plan your meals for the day. You are more likely to create a balanced diet that way.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Use the food log to plan your meals for the day. You are more likely to create a balanced diet that way.
    ^^^^

smart! What a great idea!

I add in skim milk, sometimes with plain bran flakes.

I'm under calories today, too. Sometimes it happens when I work out in the afternoon because cardio suppresses my appetite for a while and I miss a meal. If you are consistently low, try to eat more earlier in the day. It really sucks to be adding at the end.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    ...Can people please give any advice/suggestions in plain-easy to understand english?
    Peanut Butter.

Spoon.

Eat.

Solved.
  • bcassill2013
    bcassill2013 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Or, try almond butter, it's pretty good also.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    helarious. :laugh:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I really will never understand how this is possible. I had the flu last week and most days I still managed to eat 1200 calories. I know I ate some crap food to get there, but I was sick and wanted comfort food! Anyhow, if you are struggling to meet your calories it is either that you are underestimating what you actually are eating or that you need to boost the calories on what you are eating. For example, if you make your protein shake with water, use milk instead or add a banana.
  • erinmarispini
    erinmarispini Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem....I hardly ever get to 1200 calories. Then with working out....I will never get to the point of eating back those calories.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1jxvtaAyS1r4sak0o1_500_zps6d977704.gif
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you should be struggling with 1200 calories. since it's not enough for you to actually live on.
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options

THIS!!! All the way!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    How did you get overweight in the first place?
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Consume less protein and you will not feel so full so fast. You'll have room to have a more balance diet and eat more of a variety of foods.
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wow! I wish I could say the same! I can easily put away a day's calories in one sitting if I could. I guess that's the main reason I'm overweight...
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE!!!!

stay-alive.gif
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking so many protein shakes and eat more real food. More than 1200 calories a day too.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time believing that you cannot reach 1200 calories... you were obviously eating more than 1200 calories a day before if you gained weight.
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This is me. Everyday.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It always amazes me when overweight people tell me they can't eat even a basic amount like 1200 calories. No one, ever, ever, ever got fat on 1200 calories or less a day. An 8 year old should be eating that much! EAT NORMAL FOOD! Forget sticking to broccoli and chicken breasts! It doesn't have to be that hard.