When you do 30 Day Shred, do you only do that?

Options
azwen
azwen Posts: 237 Member
I currently lift weights and do cardio three times a week, and usually extra cardio twice a week (Zumba, horseback riding, etc.). I am intrigued by the 30 Day Shred, and wondering if I do try it, would I alternate doing 30DS with going to the gym? Or skip the gym for the month and just do 30DS?

Replies

• kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Id say definitely throw in a little extra with the shred. Its a great workout but is really intended for beginner exercisers, so if you're not a beginner you may need more a burn/push.
  • Felicias64
    Felicias64 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do 30 day shred and the gym... I am on day 2 of level 2. I have been doing thirty day shred first thing in the morning and gonig to the gym after work and getting in 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical, bike or arc trainer. I like to get the extra cardio.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    After gaining 63 lbs during my second pregnancy, I did the 30DS last year. I did the DVD on its own and lost 7" off my waist not to mention other areas.. now I am doing it again but I consider myself a bit more advanced so I try to jog for a few minutes or walk. We don't have the luxury of paying for a gym membership right now so I use whats available.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you mean by "going to the gym." Sure you can add other cardio if you want, but strength training? Nope. But realistically speaking if you are doing something else for strength training Jillian workouts shouldn't even be in your arsenal.
  • sara1077
    sara1077 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I do 30DS 3x per week along with a couch to 10k program that I do 3x per week. I try to get in a Pilates class too.