Help me get rid of my Cellulite!

Options
Hi just started MFP like 2 weeks ago... and i love it... So my biggest issue is CELLULITE!

Before my pregnancy i had 0 Cellulite and a little after giving birth still had 0 Cellulite and out of nowhere i have cellulite on my tummy, legs, and butt... :( ...

Does any one know of very effective exercise or foods to help get rid of it... I want to know about real experiences because I've done research and there are a lot of testimonies that i have a hard time believing...

Thanx for taking the time to read... :)

35119011.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Reduce body fat.
    Eat as healthy as you can, but you don't have to eat certain foods to do this.
    Lift heavy, especially deadlifts and squats.

This is how I got rid of 95% of the cellulite on my legs, but I will say, it took 12-18 months to really start seeing results.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Well you can't actually get "rid" of it, but you can reduce the appearance by losing body fat. Moderate calorie deficit, exercise and patience is the usual menu.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ivyana25
    Options
    " it took 12-18 months to really start seeing results."

Wow! that is a long time! I guess my goal for the summer isn't going to happen :( .. Wanted to go to beach and wear a bikini for the first time. Im 25 (148 lbs ) and if i dont do it now... I dont know if i ever will.. :(
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is brown fat cells. Deep massage with help break it up and your diet will begin to eliminate it. Dead weightlifting is certainly the best way. All the other comments here are valid. Getting rid of it is tough, but it can be done.
    good luck.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Reduce body fat.

This is how I got rid of 95% of the cellulite on my legs, but I will say, it took 12-18 months to really start seeing results.

This is so true. I still have about 60 pounds left to lose, but because I started lifting heavy about 3 months ago - mine is disappearing. I couldn't believe it. It is the combo of losing fat and lifting. It's all I do. Everything else is usually just gimicks that don't work. Good luck.
  • Cherilyn007
    Cherilyn007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a professional show me how to do cellulite rub on my thighs etc and now i just do it at home myself... i find in the shower really good way to do it... have quite a few bruises as said.... its a HARD massage you nee
    d to help break down the fat so you can burn it off easier.... perseverance is key
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    " it took 12-18 months to really start seeing results."

Wow! that is a long time! I guess my goal for the summer isn't going to happen :( .. Wanted to go to beach and wear a bikini for the first time. Im 25 (148 lbs ) and if i dont do it now... I dont know if i ever will.. :(

Everyone is different.... reduce body fat and you will notice a difference. I have two children and gained 60+ lbs each with both kids.. since doing squats for less than a month now, I have noticed a huge different (I actually have a butt now) and the front and back of my thighs look better.

Generally thigh fat is the last to go but fit in squats, deadlifts, cardio and overall weight training and it will go away. It's January and you are only 148 lbs, you will reach your goal before Summer if you stick to a routine of exercise and healthy eating. No shortcuts.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Btw, try mixing pure almond oil with lotion (I use Vaseline cocoa butter lotion).. really helps to keep skin moisturized while your body is changing. Like I said though, exercise + healthy eating is the only thing that will help you actually lose the fat. Don't be afraid to lift weights.. they are your best friend for building muscle..

The more muscle you have = the more calories you can burn. (Don't forget to add cardio)
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Reduce body fat.

What do you consider heavy?
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    I'll agree with the rest. Lift heavy stuff and eat healthy. Don't deprive yourself of stuff but eat nutrient dense foods and lift very heavy things. I have seen inch loss and my body looks better. It'll only get better from here.

Also be warned, when starting a weight lifting regime, you will retain water and your scale will fluctuate. Its temporary so don't freak out. :wink:
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Reduce body fat.

Yep.

Same exact story here. Heavy lifting, body recomposition and lots of patience.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

Also be warned, when starting a weight lifting regime, you will retain water and your scale will fluctuate. Its temporary so don't freak out. :wink:

This is VERY important to remember. ^^^
  • ivyana25
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that took a minute to share your knowledge and experiences!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Cellulite is brown fat cells. Deep massage with help break it up and your diet will begin to eliminate it. Dead weightlifting is certainly the best way. All the other comments here are valid. Getting rid of it is tough, but it can be done.
    good luck.
    No it's NOT brown fat cells. And even if that were vaguely close to truth, you DON'T want to rid yourself of brown fat cells.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    its a HARD massage you need to help break down the fat so you can burn it off easier.... perseverance is key
    Well that's not how fat gets burned off. If it were true, then you could massage areas to spot reduce fat.

IDEA Fitness member
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Reduce body fat.

This
    Even though I'm not even close to goal and have only lost about 13 lbs, I've seen a huge reduction in cellulite with heavy lifting.