honestly...

Options
who uses myfitnesspal more on a solo path or more as a group effort...I guess what I am getting at, do people use this site mostly for the purpose of logging their hours for their self or do they feel that they use the support team offered on this site and make friends? Just curious!

Replies

• cassbam
    cassbam Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm using it just for self, the iPhone app makes it easier to log food on the go rather that carrying a pen & paper around with me ('cos I usually forget to add things if i left it to the end of the day too)
  • rudyroo
    rudyroo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Most of the time "solo", but if I have time or need that motivation I check out everything....."Motivation"...."Support"...etc......Love all the before and after photos........gives me the push I need......
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Those who want to use the tools and log calories and activities without posting on the threads do just that. There are lots of others who use the tools and log and also participate in the threads. The support is here for those that want/need it. For those who are prefer to go it alone, the site makes that possible.

As you can tell by looking at the number of posts below my avatar, I fit into the second category. I confess to being a prolific poster, and I have made many new friends on a couple of threads I have posted on almost from the time I joined the site.
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I log all my food and exercise for myself but I have to say that I wouldn't be doing as well as I have been if it weren't for some of the people I've connected with on here. I'm down 14 pounds in 11 weeks (that's with taking 2 weeks completely off, family emergency and it took awhile to get back into normal life again). I think whatever works for you is going to be best.

Best of luck to you!
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I am mostly solo as far as figuring out what I eat and exercise, but I do like to join in discussions on the forums.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I love both! I use all of the tools for myself. My diary is private, etc. but I have made some great "friends" here who motivate me when I am down and I hope that I do the same for them in turn. I have been on this site for over 16 months and it is interesting to see people who are in and really gun-ho for about 4 months then fade away. Without the support side I wouldn't still be here and now I am in my final 10.

D