What does N/A mean in regards to the diary?

Options
I know that it means not applicable, of course. But on my daily it says:

Polyunsaturated Goal N/A left N/A
Monounsaturated Goal N/A left N/A

Does this mean I can't have it at all - or, polar opposite, and I can have as much as I want (wishful thinking!)?

Please help!

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    it means you either dont have a goal set for it - or there is no info for it
  • brookelynnesmith
    Options
    So does that mean I can't have it at all?

My coworkers uses MFP too and hers allows her to have both - so I'm just thinking that means I can't have it at all?
  • paco_pepe
    Options
    Hi. I have the same question!!! I do not know what N/A means in that case!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    It means that whoever created that entry did not enter in the information or that none was provided fro the food. Either way it means that if you are tracking fat (JUST total fat), carbs, and protein, double check all the info for yourself and correct what is incorrect, or create your own entries (do not share with MFP as the database is clogged up enough!) so you know they are accurate.

N/A = not applicable.

ETA: reread, see you're tallking about your goals and not database entries? either way it still just means that no goal/number was inputted. You can eat however much you want if you are not tracking total fat/macros. If you are, then track the total fat and just track any specific fats if this iss omething you need to do for health reasons. Otherwise, no reason to bother tracking the different types of fat.

You eat within your caloric goals.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Not appllicable or Not available - often when there is no data.