Questions For Fellow Keto-ers

Options
How many carbs do you eat per day, how long have you been doing keto, and how has your success been?

I've been on keto for almost a year now. I've always stayed 20-25 carbs and I've been really successful. But recently I've hit a plateu and I've noticed that if I up my carbs I seen to lose more weight. I'm starting to wonder if my body has just adapted to the 20 carb thing and I need to up it a bit.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Replies

• qwertymcherty
    qwertymcherty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well carbs are fuel for your muscles and central nervous system. Protein can be converted into a carbohydrate but with less energy (calories). Fat is just well, not great, if you can burn it off right away it's good, but otherwise it's cruddy fuel and packs a lot of pounds.

Just make sure you have a calorie deficit, and I'd really recommend eating more carbs, so long as your calories are under it will net the same results.

You can always try having a high carb day in the week to kind of reboot your system on carbs if you think that's the problem.

Never done keto, just 2 cents from someone who knows a little nutrition.
  • cabblett
    cabblett Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't just track carbs, there is more to keto than that. I usually aim for 1200 calories, 20-25 carbs, and around 90 grams of fat & 100 of protein. I also try to stay under 10 grams of sugar.