Need Help - Want to be healthy

Options
Hi, I'm new to posting as I feel so vulnerable, but I'm getting desperate! I am 54 have been dieting all my life. For last two-three years have been on HCG and a 800-1000 cal diet and lost around 40#. I have stopped the HCG as I feel its so unhealthy. But now I'm stuck with the aftermath. I have been attempting to stick to a 1200-1500 diet with out much success, I seem to feel hungry and just want to eat. I am currently at 180 and have gained 5# in past two weeks. I keep binging and can't stay consistent with the exercise or eating plans. The good news is I gave up sugar 3 years ago and have stuck with that. This last week I started using Sensa, which I am so skeptical but I will try anything for a while!

Replies

• Zac_Efron
    Options
    Just add in the good stuff. After a while, all of the other things will just fade. Your body will start craving healthy foods. Plus you can eat your heart out all day yet consume very little cals if its nutritious foods. Next time your at the grocery buy some (healthier) things you normally wouldnt. you may surprise yourself. Good job on no sugar! that was the hardest for me. good luck!
  • dgreenburg
    dgreenburg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think the trick for you is to STOP dieting and STOP telling yourself that you CANT have something because the minute you do that your going to obsessed about that thing you said you cant have. What has helped me most in the last couple weeks is simply logging. No matter what you eat just log it. You will naturally make better choices is you have to log it and look at your results every day and every week. When you have a great day and stay under your calories it feels good. If you go over don't sweat it just think of it as a.weekly goal. Earn more calories by exercising. The bottom line is don't be too hard on yourself and love yourself by giving yourselfnhebgood stuff and cheat every once in awhile. Were all human. Hang inthere my friend.
  • lauraw1986
    Options
    I agree with the last post. It is amazing how veg can fill you up so switch from having meat, veg and potatoes/rice to just meat and veg. You don't have to feel hungry to stay within your calorie goal.