first weigh-in

Options
Well I started on this website on June 1st and also started my new "eat less, move more" plan. Tomorrow I will weigh -in and I am nervous. I worked so hard this week to stay within in my calories (only went over once) and to exercise more. What if it doesn't show on the scale? I am afraid that I will be disappointed and want to give up. Logically, I know if I keep it up eventually I will have results, but it would be so encouraging to have results the first week.
Can anyone report how they did after the first week?
Thank you for listening :)

Replies

• erussell
    erussell Posts: 48
    Options
    Well I started on this website on June 1st and also started my new "eat less, move more" plan. Tomorrow I will weigh -in and I am nervous. I worked so hard this week to stay within in my calories (only went over once) and to exercise more. What if it doesn't show on the scale? I am afraid that I will be disappointed and want to give up. Logically, I know if I keep it up eventually I will have results, but it would be so encouraging to have results the first week.
    Can anyone report how they did after the first week?
    Thank you for listening :)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    As mentioned before if you don't see any difference on the scale it's always good to tape yourself it seems alot of people see inches come off before weight because of muscle and etc.

One thing i have had to learn is don't get discourage don't expect it to be a quick and instant change, it's a lifestyle and in my opinion has been a hard road to get used to but i am sure you will get into it and you will start to see if come off and it will only motivate you.

Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow........ I hope that it's a positive reenforcement for you:wink:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    My first week on MFP was my biggest weight loss. I felt like you. I just KNEW that I was going to be disappointed if I hadn't lost a thing. Well, after my first week, I was shocked! I saw the number on the scale and about fainted, because it didn't feel like it had been "hard enough" to lose weight. I had lost weight before, but not really with exercise. This site has taught me that exercise makes weight loss so much easier. I wish you the same happy surprise tomorrow, but if you don't get it, please don't give up. Sometimes it takes a little bit for your body to catch up to your mind, like "oh, we're doing this now? Oh ok......" GL and let us know how it goes.:flowerforyou:
  • superduperbandnerd
    Options
    I'll be honest.. I have dropped from a size 12 to a 8 and I have only lost six pounds. It's all about the inches baby. Just keep at it.
  • supersaver
    supersaver Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been at it for 2 /12 weeks now and have lost 5 pounds. It feels really good. Eat you exercise calories for sure. When you enter you exercise it will show how many calories you have earned because of the exercise. You need to eat those extra calories. It is the net calories that count. Good luck!
  • erussell
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and words of wisdom. I am sure that, with the help and support of this website and all of you, I can lose these 30 or so pounds! I will feel so good and look better!!! I will keep you posted and I think I will also measure myself tomorrow. I didn't do that to start with but I should, because I may lose inches more so than pounds from what you have told me.
    Thank you!!!
  • erussell
    Options
    I only lost one pound. I am disappointed but at least I didn't gain :) I know I need to add more exercise, that may help. It would have been awesome to have lost about 3 pounds. I am not giving up!!! Maybe by next week I will lose more. Thank you for your support.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I only lost one pound. I am disappointed but at least I didn't gain :) I know I need to add more exercise, that may help. It would have been awesome to have lost about 3 pounds. I am not giving up!!! Maybe by next week I will lose more. Thank you for your support.

Only one pound??? Nah. That's a pound that you hadn't lost last week! Keep going and you'll see the results you want. :flowerforyou:
  • erussell
    Options
    OK I have to admit that after my weigh in yesterday, and initially thinking "well I will keep going and not give up", I wanted to give up!! I didn't log my food or do any exercise (other than 3 flights of stairs up and down instead of elevator at work). I was in that old familiar mind set of I am just going to be fat so why not eat what I want, who cares.
    This morning I remembered that when I finish logging food and exercise at the end of the day, MFP tells me if everyday were like this, I will weigh about 201 (which would be down about 11 pounds) in 6 weeks. I am going to put some faith in that and keep this up for 6 weeks. What have I got to lose? haha