Girls Night Out...

Options
Hi all,

For the next couple of saturdays I have nights out planned where I will be going out to a bar and a club and dancing the night away with the girls! I have already filled in my max alcohol tonight so that I keep as best I can to my calories (will be drinking vodka and diet coke). Can I also log the dancing under exercise?! It is more than likely that tonight we will be dancing for around 3 hours on the dance floor. Would you put this in your exercise or not??

Thanks for any advice

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Dancing is great exercise! Definitely log that, especially if you are doing it for 3 hours. That's a lot of calories burned right there.
  • PJClay57
    Options
    Here is something I did once - between each vodka and diet coke just have a plain diet coke!
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I try and drink a water in between any drink I have. It has helped me keep my calories down for a night out.
  • misssmarita
    Options
    Just some general advice: eat before you go out (something healthy, of course...), and have a drink of water between every drink with alcohol. Not only will you save on calories, but you're less likely to get one of those monster hangovers the next day. I would ABSOLUTELY count the dancing as exercise! But be reasonable: if you're out on the dancefloor just bopping your head to the beat, you're not gonna burn a lot of calories :P Make sure you really dance quite vigorously. Have fun, and

GOOD LUCK!
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    TeenTwinkleToes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Try coke 0 too! No calories ;)
  • sophiesummerdiet
    sophiesummerdiet Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. I have exercised this morning to earn a few more calories and definitely going to log the dancing...it is usually very energetic!! Might just log it for half the time though so I know its accurate. Have also got a chicken noodle salad and a tub of instant porridge to have before hand!