Is there anything that you don't log?

Options

Replies

• westie750
    Options
    I log everything because I am interested in maintaining nutrition levels too; herbs have nutritional value for example, and over-seasoning can send your sodium levels through the roof and cause bloating. I
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    I won't be logging my takeaway tonight BOOM...
  • MadameMC
    MadameMC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I log everything unless the amount is so absolutely minuscule that there's no real good way to quantify it. Even so, I still log pretty much everything because I'm still learning (and often surprised by) what has calories and carbs and what doesn't. I've also been surprisingly shocked at what certain cooking spices have in them... things I would have guessed where cal/carb free. It takes awhile to do sometimes, but I learn a lot by logging.
  • lah60
    lah60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too log everything, I have had a set back need to get moving forward. I appreciate reading everyone's ideas and tips. Thank you.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of little things i dont log, but also I only log exercise when it is for exercise purposes. In other words, If I walk around doing shopping, I dont log the walk. I figure it all works out in the wash!

This! Some people log 0cal vitamins pills and the housework they do. I can't be bothered! If i use alot of seasonings in cooking i might clump it together in a "quick add" guestimate, but i think that as long as you are still losing weight then what you are logging is good enough.

Both of these. I don't log sugar free drinks either, even though they may have 10 calories or so but I only log serious exercise. If I walk to the grocery and back, I don't log it even though it's a mile each way.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I rarely log diet softdrinks. I just forget.
  • rustvaar
    rustvaar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't log tea, diet beverages or the milk in my cereal.
    On the flip side I don't log the three-and-a-half miles I walk every day as exercise.

I used to stress over my weight every day when I stepped on the scale; now I do it weekly and it's fine.
    I follow the same approach with counting every single calorie - if you're happy to do it, then do it. If it's stressing you then it's not worth it.
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't log things like Diet Coke, or seasonings to food. Sauces, I definitely log, even if it's just a wee bit of ketchup. I've put on so much weight by NOT logging that I'd feel as if I was cheating otherwise.
  • GlassSlipperGurl
    GlassSlipperGurl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I log everything except the air I breathe.

^^^^^ THIS^^^
    Me too. I do log my vitamins because it helps me remember to take them :0)
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I log everything except gum. I only chew gum when I'm driving so I usually forget by the time I get to my destination. I don't think 5 calories once or twice a week has set me back much. Everything else gets logged.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Coffee and spices are the things I don't log.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Log EVERYTHING - that's why this site works - otherwise stuff creeeeeeeeps under my food-radar like it did for the past 60 years or so
  • StonesUnturned
    StonesUnturned Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I don't log tea because I usually drink it black, but this morning I had a chai type that I felt required milk and I added probably half a tablespoon and didn't log it. Living dangerously!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to be a bit obsessive, so I think it's better for me not to log absolutely everything. The things I let slide are under 20 calories each: a teaspoon of salsa on my morning egg, a squirt of ketchup on a burger, the occasional cup of 15-calorie sugar-free cider (I log it if I'm having a snack with it, but not by itself), the hard candy my son slipped me as an apology for not being there waiting when I went to pick him up. I don't do more than 2-3 of these in a day, if that, and figure they're well covered by the 100-200 calorie buffer I usually leave at the end of the day.

I totally understand that for some people it's vital to log every calorie, especially if they're new and/or struggling. I'm just trying to keep my native obsessiveness under control.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do but I usually don't log my water, coffee and tea. If it has calories, I log it.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ketchup and my coffee.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I don't log seasonings, esp since I cook almost everything from scratch. It would take forever. I also don't log coffee/tea or splenda. Sauces i do log, as they tend to be high sugar. Oh, gum I never log, or any other sugar free candies.
    Yesterday, in passing, I grabbed 8 snap peas and 1 almond. I didn't log those.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't log water, diet soda, tea with artificial sweetener. I usually don't log ketchup or mustard because I use such a small amount, and things like grated carrots or cucumber slices on a salad, or the lettuce that's on a burger or taco. Minimal amount of calories and so NOT the reason I gained weight!
  • nessica121
    Options
    I don't tend to log drinks, mainly because I can't be bothered. Sauces I'm a little hit and miss. But try and log everything for main meals and snacks. I'm set at 1200 calories, so I'm probably not logging a 100 or so of extra calories each day, but that 1300 is about where I think my intake should be anyway, so figures it all evens itself out!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee or tea nor the coconut milk I add to it. I think I log everything else though. Sometimes, I don't log lettuce or spinach, if its just like a little bit, like .156 of a calorie. I try to be reasonable with all this.