Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Quitting birth control?

So some back ground... I've been on several different kinds of bc since I was 15. I tried several different forms of the pill, all of which made me incredibly sick and nauseous to the point where I would throw up. So then my doctor put me on the shot when I was 17. Since then I've gained about 60 ish pounds and can't seem to lose it. I'm on BC to help regulate my hormones since I have PCOS but I feel like it's just made everything worse. I don't know what to do because my doctor just kind of brushes it off when I bring it up. I'm due for another shot in the next 2 weeks and I just think I'm not going to go get it. Do you think it'll make a difference with my weight loss?

Replies

• CLWN80
    CLWN80 Posts: 3 Member
    Depo can contribute to weight gain... I'd ask your MD about another pill or other options. Things have changed a lot in the last few years. On another note, your MD should not be brushing you off. If you aren't getting the answers you want or feel like your concerns are being ignored, I'd find a new PCP.