Success! Eating more!

Options
I weighed 130.4 pounds for the past 2.5 weeks. I could not budge from that number and it was a bit annoying. But I did not let it get to me of course because I know the number on the scale can go up and down with numerous factors. BUT I was only eating 1200 calories a day and even lower some days and maybe occasional days where I would eat 1300. I was irritated, couldn't work out properly, tired, and just a not happy person at those many calories.

Of course 1200 might work for some people and I'm not saying it's wrong BUT it was wrong for me. After being like this for some time, I became sick and tired of "losing weight". I told myself F this, let me just try eating more!! SO I started eating 1600-1700 calories AND I FEEL GREAT!!! THat's the biggest success!!! I wake up in the morning WITH energy and no longer fatigued. It's great and you know what? I stepped on the scale and I was 128.4!!!!! If I can eat more and lose, why not!!!

Just wanted to share :)

Replies

• nofwordallowed
    Options
    Fatigue and tiredness is definitely not what losing weight and fitness should be about. Glad you found a good balance!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    YES! You may have found the secret. Feeling great and losing weight? Welcome aboard :-)
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I agree completely with this :happy:
  • Susie0307
    Susie0307 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Same here! MFP recalculated my cals to 1310 a month ago, and I actually gained during that time. If they tell me 1200 is "starvation mode", I figured 1310 isn't too far from that. I increased my cals to 1400 last week and lost 2.4 lbs. I feel back on track, more energy to exercise, less fatigue! We need to listen to our bodies! :drinker:
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy love hearing successes like this cause I've upped my calories too!

Sooo happy for you, thanks for sharing :)

#eatmoretoloseweight
  • Sujit8383
    Sujit8383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    nice........i always believe that we hv 2 feed our body well so as 2 exercise n lose weight...............i eat more than 2500 daily and lose like 1 kg (more than 2 pounds) on weekly basis.............lost 25 kgs in 29 weeks...........:smile::wink: :laugh: :happy: :tongue:
  • Sarahx86
    Options
    Glad to hear this! I've been stuck at 138lbs for ages.. So I have upped my calories.. Lets see if I have same success as you :)
  • KatherineStar
    KatherineStar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    me too! ive been sitting at 142 for a couple of weeks with 0,6 loss then 0.4.... read the tdee-20% threads, upped my cals on wednesday and have already lost 2lbs! hopefully will be in the 9 stones by next week which would be amazin!
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yeap! I started Oct.2012 on 1200 /day... lost 15 in 3wks and then halted. Couldn't budge the scale all during November and December. Was so fatigued, I didn't want to get out of the chair. Then I got sick the first week in January. I haven't been sick in YEARS! Had strep/flu/bronchitus and down a week.

During that week, I was home ill and starting eating my *kitten* off because of the prednisone I was taking. I was still logging everything and averaging 1700-2000/day during that week. I went back to the work the next week 3 lbs lighter! WTH?!

So after much reading here, I recalculated my BMR/TDEE using the "Road map thread" and started eating 1400/day for a week. Then 1500/day for a week. I'm up to 1600/day now and going to remain there a while.

After 2 months stalled out(and even gained 5 back during xmas), January's loss will probably be 7 lbs! (assuming I drop another lb next week) I'm not telling anyone they are wrong about the 1200/day, but for me -- that dog didn't hunt!!

I just ate a hearty breakfast and off to the gym. It's nice to have energy again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!