Options
    Hey everyone

Ok so my exercise regieme is as follows

Im doing the 30DS and im on L1 day 5 today
    I also do 30 minuets of kickboxing with turbo from you tube
    On Fridays i go to the gym for an hour and burn around 200 calories
    + i do a ton of walking which amounts to about roughly 170-200 a day

is this enough?

Enough for what?! It seems like you do quite a bit to me! Do you do 30DS AND 30 kickboxing every day? Do you do the gym instead of the other or as well as on a Friday?
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    enough to tone and lose weight efficently haha

i do the 30 min kickboxing and 30DS every day and then i do those two and gym on fridays x
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Doing 30 mins kick boxing and 30 day shred everyday is quite a lot ..how many calories are you eating?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    if you have to ask if it is enough, it probably isn't.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lot. Tired just thinking about it.
  • KayteeB07
    Options
    lol im glad!
    im averaging around 1400 a day :)
  • eyvindur
    eyvindur Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    More isn't always better. This is about balance. You need to eat enough to energize you, but burn more than you eat.

You need rest. Are you taking rest days? You need at least one rest day a week. That's when your body repairs itself, and that's where results come from.
  • nofwordallowed
    Options
    What I'm curious about it how you're at the gym for an HOUR and burn about 200 cals?! what is going on there because i would think your burns should be a lot more

i agree that if you have to ask, you're not working out hard enough. more time does not equal more intensity.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

Actually, an hour a day is plenty of time, but is it intense enough for you? That depends on your current condition.

What are doing at the gym that only burns 200 calories an hour? That is on the low end for a moderate walk. However, if you are lifting weights, which burns fewer calories than cardio, that is definitely a good thing for toning.
  • bbooop
    bbooop Posts: 20
    Options
    Iv got 2 agree with this post , I do not understand how you can spend a full hour at the gym and only burn 200 calories .
    Betty x
  • bbooop
    bbooop Posts: 20
    Options
    More isn't always better. This is about balance. You need to eat enough to energize you, but burn more than you eat.

You need rest. Are you taking rest days? You need at least one rest day a week. That's when your body repairs itself, and that's where results come from.
  • KayteeB07
    Options
    i was just going by what the machines told me lol x
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    i was just going by what the machines told me lol x

Sounds like you are doing cardio...you are not pushing yourself hard enough if you are only burning 200 calories.

Moreover, you are already getting cardio through the kickboxing. Use the weights at the gym, instead.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Actually, an hour a day is plenty of time, but is it intense enough for you? That depends on your current condition.

thats what i'm saying. an hour a day is plenty of exercise, but not if you are half-assing it and taking it easy.

i'm sticking with what i said: if you have to ask if it's enough, then it probably isn't.
  • nofwordallowed
    Options
    My best advice is to worry less about time and more about how hard you're working. Make sure to do 2 to 3 days a week into strength training days and the times you have dedicated to 30 day shred / kickboxing to MAXING out your effort. If you work out SO hard during 30DS that you can't handle kickboxing, you might be better off. I always find that if I do strength training after intense cardio that you burn more while using weights. Sweat is your friend and the only way to truly change/tone your body is to work hard at it. Good luck, you got this girl!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

thats what i'm saying. an hour a day is plenty of exercise, but not if you are half-assing it and taking it easy.

i'm sticking with what i said: if you have to ask if it's enough, then it probably isn't.

Not necessarily true. I kill it during my workouts and feel like I'm dead when I finish them. However, an hour later I feel like I could go right back at it. I could probably end up working out all day. Most of the time I have to stop myself because I am overtraining but physically I feel capable of more.

I get what you're saying tho a lot of people just don't kill it.