Please HELP

Options
So, I've been dieting and exercising since Jan and have lost about 20 pounds. I went from 271 to 251 last week and was thrilled. I really wanted to break 250 at my weigh in this week (which is Wed). We had a very busy entertaining weekend and I guess I way overindulged more than I thought because I was 254 on the scale on Sunday and was very upset. So, I decided to stick to veggies, water and protein until Wednesday to try to alleviate the damage I caused. To my surprise, I was already 252 this morning and was hopeful I'd at least maintain this week.

I ate my pepper and then at work, one of my students brought me Palmer Chocolate Crisp Eggs for teacher appreciation week. I don't even like them, but I ended up eating 5 of them and now, I am so disgusted with myself. Can I salvage this day? I feel like running to go eat everything since I botched this up. Can someone please stop me! Thanks for letting me vent!

Replies

• Patti909
    Patti909 Posts: 36
    Options
    I feel your pain. If someone had given me chocolate for Teacher Appreciation Week, it wouldn't be on my desk past lunch.
    I have gained 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Now I am just trying to refocus to lose those pounds.
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think you are beating yourself up over this WAYYYY too much.. It's easy to get off track (especially when there's chocolate involved!) but you can get yourself back on track.... Don't give up the fight!
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You need to eat some fibrous fruit, like an apple and drink lots of water today. Don't think of it as all or nothing. So what, you messed up a little. It isn't going to make you go over your calories if you eat sensibly the rest of the day. I've also found that if I drink green tea in the evening it helps me drop some excess water for the weigh in in the morning.
  • catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Trust me I know the feeling..I keep messing up but there is a lady on here who lost a lot of weight and I was reading her posting and she said just take one day at a time...I know that sounds so simple but it really has helped me not to feel so overwhelmed. If I screw up now I just start over...You can do this!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • awellday
    awellday Posts: 14
    Options
    We have all been there, so you are definatly not alone. I am famous for messing up a little, then saying screw it and over eating every way that i can. However, i have learned that doesn't help! ha ha ha

I still think you can try and maintain this week. I would try and stay strict to your calories, but i wouldn't limit myself to those certian items, look where that led last time. Feeling restricted on my diet, for me anyway, makes me much more weak and more likely to cave with temptation.
    If it were me, i would focus on next wednesday's number and just make that happen. Drink lots and lots of water, and find time to do one extra exercise day, make that the priority. and you will be back on track before you know it :)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Done beat yourself up too much, the more guilt you feel the easier it will be for you to say no over time, beleive me

Just get back on track...do some workout later...log the chocolate you ate and see how much calories you have left for the day and try and stay within that range

The day is young so you can deffinately salvage the day

Keep up the good work
  • kkat631
    kkat631 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    OKay, schwew, I feel better. You guys are the best. I am stuck on sticking to it the rest of the day....although these chocolate muffins that I am staring at at the screen are making me crave more!!!!! ARG!!!! I will let you know how I do tomorrow and thanks so much for the motivation. I think I just want out of the 250's sooooo bad....I was like this trying to leave the 260's.....it took me a few more weeks than normal and I am not sure why. I just seem to get stuck! Thanks again!