The Hairy Dieters

Options
2»

Replies

• Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have the book have made a few things and enjoyed them, really tasty, I would recommend it, my only little annoyance with it is that they are for lots of portions where as there are only 2 of us in my house, so trying to work out 1/2 teaspoon of something for 6 down to 2 is not the easiest, I end up just adding a pinch LOL plus the calorie count does not include things like a portion of rice etc, I would have preferred a complete meal calorie count.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I borrowed this book off my friend to take a few receipes out to try, and I have actually brought this as there were so many!
    Being veggie, I was abit unsure of what I could eat - but most receipes I can change to suit me!

Cant wait for it to arrive!!!!!

Thats good to know, I'm a veggie too and I was wondering just how veggie friendly/convertable it was.
  • higgsbeth
    higgsbeth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can definitely recomend it. I've not been exercising either and nor has my friend who put me onto it (and MFP) oh and we'll be trying the lasagne with courgette instead of the leeks as my OH thinks they're the food of the devil lol

29861244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Courgettes sound lovely in the lasagne. I did a sort of lasagne with cauliflower instead of leeks and that worked out fine, even though it sounds odd! Obviously you don't get the layers, but you still get the feeling of something white and starchy.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    UK members might like to know that this TV series is being repeated on BBC2 at 7pm starting Tuesday 1st Jan, and then the 3 following nights.
  • dollyblueuk
    dollyblueuk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've had this cook book for a while and love it the muesli and granola recipes are fab but everything I have made from this cookbook has turned out well so far
  • olliethecat
    olliethecat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've had the book a while and tried lots of the recipes which were all great. As there are only 2 of us, I make the recommended recipe and freeze the extra portions wherever possible. I can definitely recommend the Chicken Jalfrezi, cottage pie, chilli baskets, & meat pies for freezing. the Tuna and spaghetti and cod loin with roasted vegetables are also yummy.
  • chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    I;ve done the chicken korma and that was amazing! as for the portion sizes I just divided it and froze the rest to take out other days,
  • Tillymintball
    Options
    The leek, potato and cheese pasties are fabulous for lunch, they're really easy to make, very tasty and filling but really low in calories.
  • pboroaddick
    pboroaddick Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great book, lots of ideas and in particular I liked the Salmon recipe which has a great sauce. Also tried it on several friends who could not believe this was a low cal meal. In general the recipes are pretty easy to follow, so its a thumbs up for me!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I too have been experimenting with their ideas. I am vegetarian and have not had trouble finding substitutes, which bring the calorie count even lower.
    The pies using packet pizza mix instead of pastry work a treat. Mine had mixed veg in with a simple onion sauce and froze really well.
    I'd say it's well worth a shot.
  • dollyblueuk
    Options
    Has anybody made the chicken Korma fakeaway from this recipe book? I am interested to know if it does really taste like a takeaway Korma as was think about making it one night for my hubby who is a very fussy eater when it comes to Korma' s
  • Hotbabe109
    Options
    I've had the book for a while hidden away in my cupboard! It's only after watching this program on telly that I've been motivated enough to lose the weight again! Going shopping today to buy the ingredients for some of the recipes! I don't like the fact the recipes serve so many people as there are just 2 of us in the house!
  • KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I loved watching the series over the last few nights and will definitely be buying the book. I have always liked Si and Dave. I love their presenting style and what they cook. I even made one of their baked cheesecakes last Easter (God knows what the kcal count was lol!!)

So looking forward to doing the Chilli Bowls
  • zen82
    zen82 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    UK members might like to know that this TV series is being repeated on BBC2 at 7pm starting Tuesday 1st Jan, and then the 3 following nights.

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up, that means it will still be on Iplayer I think :-)
  • dollyblueuk
    Options
    There' s only 2 of us but I find most things freeze like the meat and potatoes pies I still have 2 in the freezer now, or like the chewy cranberry bites i half the recipe as there is only me that eats these
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    We liked the korma but we did freel it was missing something. We added some ground almonds and that did it for us. Yes it added calories but also protein and it was then complete.
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just made the Toasted Crumpets and Warm Spiced Berries With Yoghurt Yummy, and tonights treat is the Lamb Curry.

I know of one lady at work whose been eating the recipes only and in 3 weeks has lost 9lbs.

Looking forward to experimeting x