So I thought I would treat myself.....

Options
I finished week 3 and I am down 15 lbs. I have not been starving myself, eating what I prepared for the family, allowing for an occasional glass of wine, but tracking everything so I stay within my calorie limit. I thought what the heck I am going to eat what ever I want to yesterday, and I did. So what do I get for it. Swollen hands and legs up several pounds and my STOMACH HURTS. Next time I think I will put aside some money for my new clothes that I am going to need when I get rid of all this weight.

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yep. Welcome to lesson #1 and #2:

#1 - it's not as hard as you might think to stick to your calorie goal and it does work when you do
    #2 - gluttony isn't a treat and our bodies don't appreciate it

Now forget it and move on. Don't try and make up for it, just do today like you did each day before yesterday. You've got this!
  • debm218
    debm218 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm finding, too, that when I eat the foods I used to eat regularly I feel awful - and not just mentally! They say you shouldn't reward your weight loss with food, anyway. Treat yourself to a massage or a great new handbag instead!!!
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Non food rewards are the best. Also, anything in moderation. I eat things that I shouldn't but only occasionally and in small portions. This is a long journey but you have the right attitude and will do great things.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Three weeks and 15 lbs is amazing! And yeah, your're going to need a new wardrobe in 3 more weeks, so splurge on that.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I found I didn't feel so good with 'treats' like that. My body isn't used to it anymore. I treat myself with other things now - long bubble baths, a little extra time alone at the bookstore... things like that. A mental indulgence, I guess. And they make me feel good instead of yucky.
  • foodie99
    Options
    Also, anything in moderation. I eat things that I shouldn't but only occasionally and in small portions. This is a long journey but you have the right attitude and will do great things.

This!
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Firstly, congrats on the weight loss in 3 weeks. Amazing!

Secondly, I've now had 2 weekends where I've eaten pretty much what i want, with the mindset that ill focus on burning it off during the following week.

I've so far managed to go that, with great results, but the feeling the day after my little binge always leaves me feeling like crap.

The same type of crap feeling i had last year when i was always tired, unfit, and unhappy.

I guess those 2 days have helped me in ways, by realising and remembering why i decided to change my way of life for the better, and now I'm beginning to look at it in a different light.

Where i have had the mindset of not worrying what i eat on these 'binge' days, I'm now coming to terms that as i lose weight, the harder it is going to become for me to fight it off the following week.

Also, using this site has been a very educating experience. Calorie deficit. Thats all there is to it? It took me 36 fkn years to figure this sht out?

(Wait what was i talking about? BRB..need to read the OP again.........)

Bk.

Anyway, i cant keep cheating myself and making these mistakes. Sure, atm its 1 day a week. 1600 calories over. :/ But when will it be 2 days, then 3.....

Im here for a reason. Time to focus i think.
  • o58598
    o58598 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    At least you are learning it at 36 years.. it is taking me 49! Some people like me are slow learners.... think I know best. Come on you and I will drudge through the weekends together.. :wink: