Hi everyone

Options
I am new to myfitnesspal and looking to make friends. I am interested in any advice or tips you have to lose the weight I have accumulated over the years.

I am 47 year old Navy vet that is a family man and father of 4 great kids. In all my years of married life and raising kids (and eating like I was one of them), grabbing fast food on the fly at lunch, restaurants or fattening food for dinner and eating in disregard of my weight or heath, I have acquired the middle age belly and I am now working toward working it off pound by pound.

I am 5'11' and started last week at 225 lbs. My goal is to knock off the stubborn belly (which apparently all the fat cells in my belly have locked arms and are doing a sit in and are refusing to go) and other unwanted pounds. My goal is to lose atleast 50 pounds (good grief someone should have knocked that cheeseburger out of my hand years ago). My secondary goal is to get lean as I fight the fat loss battle.

I am always open to new ideas, suggestions or just friendly support (and I will return it too). I just wanted to say hi and hope to have you as a friend.

Fair winds and following seas

Replies

• ShaunShaunphenomenon
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I leave my food diary open to all to see what I eat and as such you have a little bit more of a way to tell what I'm eating badly and what I'm doing right :) welcome to MFP. *though pizza for breakfast is probably the worst I've eaten in over six months ...and that was this morning lol*
  • justiceconway
    Options
    Hi everyone. Ive been a member of MfP for about 3 weeks now and just wanted to say thanks for all the good ideas. I could also use some friends to help me stay motivated.
  • justiceconway
    Options
    Can I be your friend to ? :smile:
  • NudlBea
    NudlBea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We are all here bc we've been taking bad (but often sinfully delicious) food choices, so good for you for wanting to get in shape!! I am barely two weeks into this, I am going for 20 lbs, and I'm sometimes afraid I of the long road ahead, but I think that's fairly common. I'd love u (and anyone else for that matter) to add me, in order to give each other the support and motivation we all need. :)
  • allenhandley
    allenhandley Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad if you like.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Do an hour of cardio every day to kick start your success. This will also release so many endorphins that you will feel good about yourself. The weight loss will follow easily.