help!!!

Options
So I started on Jan. 1st 2013 again.... i had lost almost 4 lbs, but have put 2 lbs back on!!! I work out 5 times a week 40mins, running, walking eliptical... I am getting extremely frustrated..... what am i doing wrong?????? I am on hormone replacement due to a surgery I had 2 years ago. And have been eating really well, I am 5'2 and weigh 148lbs 35 in march! And have figured out in the last week my BMR and TDEE and am being told i should consume around 1500 calories a day and this is when the weight started coming back on!

Replies

• Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open, but just some general suggstions:

-Make sure you are drinking a lot of water
    -Try to eat less processed foods
    -Try to keep sodium to a minimum
    -Give your body time to adjust
  • mic1mam
    mic1mam Posts: 33
    Options
    Well, I'm not an expert, but it's possible with all your exercise that you are gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. Have you seen body changes? Looking slimmer?
  • donnamfreitagross
    Options
    I drink half my body weight on oz a day, don't eat processed food, haven't had soda in months... I don't know, the last few days i stopped logging food, my husband said it's just making it harder on me
  • donnamfreitagross
    Options
    nope not an inch
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your medication in case there is a side effect that could be stopping you from losing weight?

I know its so frustrating when you are being good and the scales aren't moving - I've had this myself the last couple of weeks, but we've got to keep pushing forward. Did you measure yourself when you first started? It could be that you have actually lost inches but don't see it in the mirror - we're often too critical of ourselves.

Without seeing your diary it is hard for us to comment on where you may be going wrong food-wise but if you need help we're here for you x
  • rubyrubyruby1
    rubyrubyruby1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try adding some weight training into your exercise routine. It skyrockets your metabolism allowing you to burn calories well after your workout is finished. I was at a standstill with my weight and this has helped me start losing again
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Are you mixing resistance with cardio? Are you eating enough of each food group? Limit your intake of tea, coffee, sodas and processed food. Stick to clean foods and water. Drink a glass of hot water before each meal and drink a tablespoon of lemon juice in the morning - this will cleanse your colon and help you absorb the goodness from your food but also this remove the dry fecal matter that is stuck to your colon walls and hinders weight loss.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Many of the posts that suggest eating more indicate that people will gain for a few weeks before the level off and then start losing again. I'd give it 4-6 weeks, and then reassess. It's not a race, and your gain could even just be water weight; your weight can swing from day to day by up to 5lbs just depending on how much water you are retaining. Water retention can be cause by all sorts of things: stress, salt, working out, TOM etc.
  • donnamfreitagross
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I will not give up!!! I just had a good 40 minutes on the elliptical and burned 315 calories :) and yes it could be my medication but without it i would go through menopause and i am not ready to do that :/
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Exogenous hormones can really screw you up when it comes to this. You can literally starve to death while being overweight in extreme cases. I would talk to your doctor about it.