Best of WiiFit?

Options
If you have a WF... Which games/routines are the most effective? As in, which ones burn the most and/or provide the best strength training? I don't want to waste my time on there with nonsense, so if I can narrow down to a select few that will be "more bang for my buck", it would really help me out to do more with the little time I have (30-45 mins in the evening).

Or you can just share what routines you use, what games you like the best (I have a few I hate--annoying with very little payout, lol), and what your time on it looks like.

Thanks! :happy:

EDITED TO ADD: If you have rec's for other fitness games on the Wii, I'd love to hear those as well! Anything to get me excited/motivated/out of the "bored with exercise" funk I'm in!

Replies

• ImperfectedBeauty
    ImperfectedBeauty Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    For me the super hula hoop is my fav, it burns about 70-80 calories. I usually do it for the 10 minutes and by the next day my sides and thighs are so sore. I also like the snow ball fight, its a good workout on the thighs :)
  • asiandressing
    Options
    hmmmmm just hooked up the WF again... it has been a while. glad to hear you like the hula hoop. think i will give that a try!!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    WiiFit is more of a game than real exercise. You can get a lot more bang for your buck doing something like EA Sports Active or Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing.
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    WiiFit is more of a game than real exercise. You can get a lot more bang for your buck doing something like EA Sports Active or Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing.

I've been wondering about the EA Sports. I had seen that around but didn't know anyone who used it, so couldn't tell if it was worth buying or not. I mainly got the WF to get me moving, period. It worked well for a while--kept me at a reasonable weight through pregnancy with light activity that was appropriate during pregnancy (of course I consulted with my midwife on which movements I shouldn't do). But now that I'm more "serious" about it, I need something that is equally engaging (I get bored easily with exercise videos), that will keep me moving the whole time without too many pauses, and that will do more work in less time, as being a working-student-mom does not allow me a great deal of time to dilly-dally.

Do you enjoy both of those? I think if we got the Cardio Boxing, the hubby might actually get into that... he's really into MMA and all that stuff.
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I will say, though, that the one thing I like about the WF is the focus on balance. I have an old injury that I sometimes favor (broke an ankle, still have two pins, which bother me at times), so I like that it brings more attention to my overall balance. I mean, I can do yoga on my own, but doing it with the WF really helps to bring that awareness to where I am in my body, if that makes sense.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Active 2 comes with a leg sensor and a heart rate monitor (it can only be used with the game) and you choose your level of difficulty and do a program. Each day is different and it gives you quite a bit of feedback and tracking. The workouts are pretty hardcore on the hard level and you can also make custom workouts.

The Gold's Gym Cardio doesn't look like it's much when you start but once you get through the tutorials and start working through the levels it's really good. You use the 2 remotes for your "boxing gloves" and there are also some game type activities to do.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love my Just Dance and Zumba wii games. Choose sweat mode on Just Dance - I have a HR monitor and burn more on Just Dance than my Zumba game. The zumba game is fun, but not nearly the calorie burn I get at a live class, but still it's not bad. Also if you have kids the Just Dance is pretty fun with them too!
  • asiandressing
    Options
    i have herniated and degenerating discs in my neck so i cant go overboard or i will pay for it! i like doing some of the kickboxing stuff but usually my arms go numb because of the neck problem... my son is an MMA fighter so i tend to get a little jealous of his workouts I have to find a happy medium.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I really like the Biggest Loser games and the Golds Gym boxing game. both are fun & make you sweat.