Stress...Stress....Stress

rcatr
rcatr Posts: 374 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
And all I want to do is eat and not work out. Am I alone in this?
I ended up going over my calories a little yesterday cause I walked 20 minutes instead of doing my normal run. ugh...
And today is not looking any better.

Replies

• jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Stress can definitely derail a diet plan, but don't let it derail your exercise plan...Use exercise to relieve the stress. Go for that 20 minute walk and try to clear you mind for a while.
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    You are so not alone!! I am the same way, I am horrible with stress eating! And I make excuses for not working out when I'm stressed. I do know that when I do work out when stressed, it makes me relax quite a bit. Do you do yoga at all? Or have you ever tried it? I've been doing lots of yoga lately to help me calm down because my job is really stressful. I haven't gone to yoga since Friday and I can tell I'm getting stressed out and binging more. I think it levels me out and makes it easier for me to handle things.

We just need to take it one day at a time. We can't let stress mess up our goals! Good luck! :)
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    You are not alone, but I would suggest chewing gum when the craving for food happens and then at least take a walk around the block. The biggest help for stress is exercise, so at least get started working out and I think you will feel better.
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    I'm a BIG TIME stress eater. I understand.

Sometimes, I just want to crunch/eat my stress away.....try dried cereal of some sort.
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    I do the same thing!! I eat when im stressing out which seems like alot more lately so you are not alone.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    When I'm stressed I like to run, or punch things :devil: If you have a gym membership, find a punching bag and let loose! Or, stack up pillows against the couch or on the bed and have at it! And while you're at it, scream at them! That always helps. And then, if you're at the gym, the scared looks on people's faces will make you laugh then you'll feel better :bigsmile:
  • God, I hear you. I eat for stress like you wouldn't believe. Its such a vicious cycle because you start not feeling good about one thing or another and then you compound the bad feeling by eating which just makes you feel worse. I feel so good about myself when I exercise and I know I do but when I fall off the wagon it's so hard to get back up again.
  • barbara6
    barbara6 Posts: 14
    I know what you mean. Under a lot of stress right now. DH is having anxiety attacks and no amount of reasoning has helped. Dr has prescribed RX but it hasn't worked either. On top of that I babysit my 4 & 2 yo grandsons every day. Trying not to eat but I'm still eating and eating the wrong things. I've lost 120 lbs in the past 2 years but have gained about 6 lbs in the last month. Trying to be good today. Pray for me.:frown: :explode:
  • rcatr
    trying to leave my hiccup yesterday in the past. today is definitely high stress at work. i've got to remember the root of the problem and search for different solutions.

Breathe, C. Breathe!
  • rcatr
    Breathing kiiiiiinda worked. Lunch choices could have been better. Stress still alive and humming. HUmmmm HUMMMMMMM!!!!!

don't know if ill be able to workout tonight..depends on if i work til 7or 10 (welcome to my life) and i've been here since 6am. :)

so its either salad or something with more substance. this is sad.
This discussion has been closed.