Cheating or not?

Options
Hi everyone, my usual weigh day is wednesday morning, i have just been away for the bank holiday weekend camping with hubi and puppy, lots of walking but also lots of food and alcohol. I was thinking of changing my weigh day to friday this week just to try and shift anything i have gained through too much over indulgance over the weekend; is this cheating though or should i just weigh tomorrow and forget about it?

any advice greatly appreciated

979748.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    I'm all for changing your weigh day! Then, move it back to its normal day within two weeks.
    :happy:
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I'd keep it the same day...otherwise you are gaming your system. I think of my weigh-ins as a business. If I gamed my numbers at work I'd be fired. So why would I do that in my own life? Just a thought. :) sounds like you had a good holiday though!!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I say just weigh in as normal and then you'll have a really nice loss next week! But that's just me :)
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I say keep the weigh in day the same!

This isn't about 'tricking' yourself or denying yourself bad days, this is about being honest at all times!

So keep the weigh in day on Weds and face the music. :)
  • queensara2478
    Options
    Sometimes when I know it's been a vacation week or a crazy weekend, I skip my weigh day and wait until the next one. I find personally, not knowing if I gained or lost helps me get back on track faster. I try not to let the scale get me down but sometimes when I see a weight gain it makes me really anxious. Good luck on your decision!
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I agree with the majority - keep it the same, plus it gives you a better idea of how much "damage" the weekend really did, or if all the walking balanced it out! That's what I would do... :wink:
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I sometimes weigh in on a Friday if I'm going out drinking that night - instead of my usual Saturday.

I think this is one of those personal choices :) I'm not super strict with this whole process - I can't be if I'm going to maintain this lifestyle forever.
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    Who cares if you lost a pound, gained a pound or maintained - the only person you have to answer to is yourself - so do what you want to do; if you are afraid, then don't do it. Remember this is all about YOU.
  • KJL35
    KJL35 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice. i decided to weigh in this morning as normal - wish to god i hadnt, I now feeling rather fed up with myself for a 3 pound weight gain, need to find my motivation again now. :cry:

979748.png
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    You can weigh in whatever day you want to. I personally weigh every day. That way I know how much damage my cheat does and what I can do to correct it. It's your call to do it however you feel comfortable.
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice. i decided to weigh in this morning as normal - wish to god i hadnt, I now feeling rather fed up with myself for a 3 pound weight gain, need to find my motivation again now. :cry:

979748.png

Don't be upset by it - most of it is probably just water weight from the eating out etc. Everyone has a "bad" weekend where they eat a little extra. The most important thing is to get back on track and carry on logging your foods and staying within your calories. You will probably have other times when you gain a few pounds - we all do- but it's important to look at the long term goals and have a long term focus. I know you can do it. You will probably have lost those three pounds by next week if this week you stick to your goals.
    You can do it!
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I think it all depends on your relationship with your scale. If you live and die by the numbers on the scale (Scales are EVIL!!!!) then don't change your weigh in day, just skip this week. If you feel u can be motivated by seeing a possibly higher number on the scale, then weigh in as normal. I am slowly teaching myself to weigh in no more then every 2 weeks, usually at least 3 because the variations of weight day to day were driving me crazy!!!!